Where I Come From... (MLB, NFL, NCAA, NHL, NBA, Sochi Hockey, CFL, and World Cup Done - Requests Welcome)

Silent Wind of Doom

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait... what skyline are you using for the Rangers?

34ovvh4.jpg

Arlington. Also used Anaheim for the Angels and St. Pete for the Rays.

Well that must be Arlington, Virginia, because the Arlington in this state has NO real skyline to speak of. Other than maybe the Six Flags and Cowboys Stadium.

Also, if you're taking requests...

Skyline- http://www.fortworth...ne-12-31-10.jpg

First Image- http://a.espncdn.com...terson1_576.jpg

Logo- http://content.sport...ernate-1995.png

Second Image- http://p.twimg.com/A2TqXY5CEAAQNWU.jpg:large

Stadium - http://www.collegefo...2013/05/tcu.jpg

Text- Where I come from...... we Fear the Frog

Would appreciate it. Thanks

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

34ovvh4.jpg

Well that must be Arlington, Virginia... because the Arlington in this state has NO real skyline to speak of. Other than maybe the Six Flags and Cowboys Stadium.

Google image search Arlington, Texas and that is the first picture that pops up.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

34ovvh4.jpg

Well that must be Arlington, Virginia... because the Arlington in this state has NO real skyline to speak of. Other than maybe the Six Flags and Cowboys Stadium.

Google image search Arlington, Texas and that is the first picture that pops up.

I live in Fort Worth. Arlington is right down the street.

Trust me, that's not Arlington, Texas...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

34ovvh4.jpg

I believe you, but I'm assuming that's why he used that photo.

nlog42.jpg

34ovvh4.jpg

I believe you, but I'm assuming that's why he used that photo.

Yeah I figured.

Arlington (Texas) is just about as suburban as you can get. And being a sunbelt "city", that's saying a lot.

As far as a skyline goes, it's really just Six Flags Over Texas with Cowboys Stadium and some typical mid rise offices and hotels just scattered around a mile radius.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

Son of a... YOU'RE RIGHT!!! It is Arlington Virginia! Can't believe I let that slip. Gonna have to fix that, along with the Phillies ones for my other skyline slipup. Also have a Brewers request on the way.

Here's the Pittsburg Penguins one that was requested. The East for the NFL upcoming soon.

5wf7uo.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just a small fix, but you could use the Vikings updated logo for this year instead.

Good call. Just gotta find the new version on a purple background. [EDIT: Fix'd! ^_^]

Here's the Milwaukee request I got earlier, and the skylines for the Phillies and Rangers are fixed now.

2mow2dk.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just a small fix, but you could use the Vikings updated logo for this year instead.

Good call. Just gotta find the new version on a purple background. [EDIT: Fix'd! ^_^]

Here's the Milwaukee request I got earlier, and the skylines for the Phillies and Rangers are fixed now.

2mow2dk.jpg

THANK YOU! Love it! Love the addition of Bernie in the slide as well!.

nlog42.jpg

Here's the last couple requests:

2l9mudh.jpg

140khld.jpg

I decided that going forward, when doing one for a college team, I'd use a picture of the campus rather than the city the campus is in. I also figured that it would be anyone who came into your house that would fear the frog, rather than you, so I went with "they", which works either way.

rsd26t.jpg

On a complete side note, while looking for pictures of Gillette Stadium, I came across the following image:

gillette-stadium-3.4.jpg

I was wondering after seeing the end zones what event was being held. Looking at the logo at the 50-yard-line and the things on the screens didn't help, but just made things SO MUCH MORE CONFUSING!!! I have no clue what was going on, and searches have proven beyond fruitless. Anyone know what the deal is?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here's the last couple requests:

2l9mudh.jpg

140khld.jpg

I decided that going forward, when doing one for a college team, I'd use a picture of the campus rather than the city the campus is in. I also figured that it would be anyone who came into your house that would fear the frog, rather than you, so I went with "they", which works either way.

rsd26t.jpg

Understandable. Thanks.

Good job on these.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

On a complete side note, while looking for pictures of Gillette Stadium, I came across the following image:

gillette-stadium-3.4.jpg

I was wondering after seeing the end zones what event was being held. Looking at the logo at the 50-yard-line and the things on the screens didn't help, but just made things SO MUCH MORE CONFUSING!!! I have no clue what was going on, and searches have proven beyond fruitless. Anyone know what the deal is?

It's from the filming of The Game Plan, a movie starring The Rock.

Archived