Where I Come From... (MLB, NFL, NCAA, NHL, NBA, Sochi Hockey, CFL, and World Cup Done - Requests Welcome)

Silent Wind of Doom

I've always been intensely interested and had a great love and appreciation for the different cultures in sports, which, of course, includes the logos and uniforms, leading me to this website.

One of the things I really loved, which was used for one year and then seems to have completely disappeared from memory and the internet is NCAA Football 2011's ad campaign featuring the slogan "Where I Come From". In the commercial, different people described things where they came from, giving little snippets about their sporting culture. At the moment, I've only found videos of the commercials surviving on a french video site:

General Version: http://www.jeuxvideo...-1-00028354.htm
SEC Version: http://www.jeuxvideo...-2-00028355.htm
Big 12 Version:

(I finally just found the third one, although the quality is terrible.)

I've often thought of doing the same for other sports. I have a full list for the MLB, and once began a project of making associated signature images, but unfortunately my first attempt was rather pitiful. I have, however, recently taken a new crack at it. I'd originally posted a similar thread on the subject in general sports talk to discuss such phrases for all teams of all sports, but now that I've finished the new images, I've decided to post them here for everyone's use if they'd like.

If you'd like anything special, make a request. In the future, I wouldn't mind doing the other sports as well. And yes, they're all positive ones. For some, it was tough finding something positive, but I think I've succeeded. XD

These are for anyone to use in their signature if they desire. To add them, go to your profile, click the "Edit my profile" button, and then click the tab on the left for "Signature". Use the "Image" button in the editor toolbar (the little polaroid of the tree) to add it. It seems using URL tags will not add the image to your sig, but instead just show the code. Enjoy! ^_^

The MLB's Eastern divisions are attached to this post. Here are links to the others.
MLB Central divisions
MLB Western divisions
NFL Eastern divisions
NFL Northern divisions

NFL Southern divisions

NFL Western divisions

NCAA Service Academies and Independents

NCAA SEC Eastern Division

NCAA SEC Western Division

NCAA Big XII

NCAA Big Ten (future) Eastern Division

NCAA Big Ten (future) Western Division

NCAA Pac-12 (Part 1)

NCAA Pac-12 (Part 2)

NCAA ACC Atlantic Division

NCAA ACC Coastal Division

NCAA Ivy League

NHL Metropolitan Division

NHL Central Division

NHL Pacific Division

NHL Atlantic Division

NASCAR Drivers

NBA Central Division

NBA Southeastern Division

NBA Northwestern and Southwestern Divisions

NBA Atlantic and Pacific Divisions

Sochi Men's Olympic Hockey (Big 8)

CFL

2014 FIFA Men's World Cup Groups A and B

2014 FIFA Men's World Cup Groups C and D

2014 FIFA Men's World Cup Groups E and F

2014 FIFA Men's World Cup Groups G and H

zynf0Pf.png

33k6vxf.jpg Alternate version 1, 2, & 3

1z6gzea.jpg Alternate version 1 & 2

10nxi8j.jpg Alternate version

2n0sxli.jpg

2cqob55.jpg

2qw0u42.jpg

2u5xnoj.jpg Alternate version

sfcs53.jpg Alternate version 1 & 2

50193b.jpg

I used the primary logos for all teams except for the Baltimore Orioles, due to their primary logo featuring the more realistic bird being used much less prominently nowadays.

The rest of the divisions coming up.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are a few alternates I'd thought of and made.

v30pky.jpg
Here's a Cleveland alternate based on Major League. Dear lord, do I love that song.

rh4l85.jpg
A White Sox alternate based around the theme of the 2005 Championship. I'd thought of this a while ago, but I'm unsure how much this is still relevant in Chicago, especially with Steve Perry now throwing his weight behind the Giants' postseason hopes. By the way, congrats on getting two nods in the project, Steve.

1inxom.jpg
A Texas-based Rangers alternate that I thought of after the flag so featuring in the image I'd made.

wajyvl.jpg
This was originally the Cubs one, but decided to give them something less self-depricating, as not everyone may enjoy that.

2yxmauv.jpg
My original was done in red and white, but for those who like the Red's use of Black, here's a red and black version.

11jaf6w.jpg
I'd thought of the 1979 "Family" version years ago, but thought of this one recently and liked it.

vpuwrn.jpg
A Mets alternate. Let's give Mr. Met some love.

29d9u39.jpg2v15js8.jpg
Two versions of the Phillies' image that feature the Phanatic and City Hall.

spacer.png

spacer.png

These are really sweet. If I could make one request about the Brewers one, it would be to have the Milwaukee Art Museum in the picture for the city. It is probably the most iconic building Milwaukee has.

22-santiago-calatrava-milwaukee-art-museum.jpg

Other than that, this is really cool! I'd love to see versions for other leagues.

EDIT: Also, I just thought of a new tag for Milwaukee. Where I come from....slides aren't just for kids. (In reference to Bernie's Slide)

No big deal if you don't make either edit. Just thought I'd give some suggestions!

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Is it alright to use the Oakland image in my sig?

Of course. That's what they're for! ^_^

And I'm working on the requests. Should have at least the Milwaukee one tomorrow. Spent tonight putting together an NFL list, but I'm really not nearly as knowledgeable about the traditions, culture, and history of all the teams, so it was tough.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just wanted to be sure.

Actually, can I make a request? Slightly more befitting the current club and fanbase.

Tagline: It isn't just Bernie who's leaning.

Pictures: Same pictures on the outside, and the following on the inside--

Lean3-599x400.jpg

tumblr_mhtzyebqFx1qg7mnyo1_500.jpg

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

Just wanted to be sure.

Actually, can I make a request? Slightly more befitting the current club and fanbase.

Tagline: It isn't just Bernie who's leaning.

Pictures: Same pictures on the outside, and the following on the inside--

Lean3-599x400.jpg

tumblr_mhtzyebqFx1qg7mnyo1_500.jpg

Whoa! That's a thing?! That's friggin' awesome. I thought that I was one of only four people that knew about that movie. I didn't know that became a thing. That's HILARIOUS. I'll get something done. Sorry I've taken so long, but today became a very busy day and things got delayed.

Wait... what skyline are you using for the Rangers?

34ovvh4.jpg

Arlington. Also used Anaheim for the Angels and St. Pete for the Rays.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Very popular, indeed. It was all over the place last season. It's dieing out a little bit this year, but Coco still does it after on-field excellence, and I do it for all sorts of stuff (good test scores, a text from a cute girl, actually hitting a shot in a basketball game).

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

FYI the image of the Philadelphia skyline in your Phillies sigs isn't accurate. It was a photoshop or artist rendering showing the then-yet-to-be-built Comcast Center (the tall skinny building on the left) and another skyscraper proposal that never got built. I saw it posted on a few skyscraper message boards 7 or 8 years ago.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

A few requests...

28bwisl.jpg

Love the picture of Milwaukee you used! Although, would it be possible to change the tag to what I posted earlier? Where I come from, slides aren't just for kids. Thanks!

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Archived