Where I Come From... (MLB, NFL, NCAA, NHL, NBA, Sochi Hockey, CFL, and World Cup Done - Requests Welcome)

Silent Wind of Doom

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nascar is a sport. Apparently it's fine with CC and the mods that there is a 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series thread and an Open Wheel Racing thread over in the Sports In General forum. I'd go on, but I don't wanna derail this thread anymore than it already has been...

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Said by the man who follows Colorado teams. XD

Sorry. Please don't hurt me. Couldn't help it, although the Broncos definitely look good this year.

Moving on, I've got the first round of hockey done, with the Eastern Conference's new Metropolitan Division:

2mmcyh1.jpg

2w552sm.jpg

5bv7mw.jpg

332mo7b.jpg21kw0t1.jpg

vqs3h1.jpg

5eerva.jpg

16k2cep.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

Nascar is a sport. Apparently it's fine with CC and the mods that there is a 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series thread and an Open Wheel Racing thread over in the Sports In General forum. I'd go on, but I don't wanna derail this thread anymore than it already has been...

No. NASCAR is a bunch of idiots burning gasoline for hours while they go around a circle 500 times. Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey, Rugby, etc. Those are sports. They require physical energy exertion in order to do them. Pushing on a gas pedal and steering doesn't require crap.

Said by the man who follows Colorado teams. XD

Sorry. Please don't hurt me. Couldn't help it, although the Broncos definitely look good this year.

Moving on, I've got the first round of hockey done, with the Eastern Conference's new Metropolitan Division:

2mmcyh1.jpg

2w552sm.jpg

5bv7mw.jpg

332mo7b.jpg21kw0t1.jpg

vqs3h1.jpg

5eerva.jpg

16k2cep.jpg

Of course I follow Colorado teams. I was born and raised in Colorado. I am NOT going to desert my hometown heroes for the people who are always in the lead. Those people are called front runners and they are pathetic. And of course the Broncos look good. They are the best team in the NFL this year.

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

No. NASCAR is a bunch of idiots burning gasoline for hours while they go around a circle 500 times. Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey, Rugby, etc. Those are sports. They require physical energy exertion in order to do them. Pushing on a gas pedal and steering doesn't require crap.

I'm gonna end this discussion with this: Go out and drive a 2-ton death trap at 150-200 mph with a blazing hot fire suit with other layers of fire retardant materials... with no power steering. Also, try and carry a 50 pound gas can on one shoulder, raise that 2 ton with only a jack, and have the mental toughness to do the calculations just to see if you have a CHANCE of making it on fuel and the mental toughness to stay focused, when to brake, when to shift, when to hit the gas, where one false move could be the difference between you simply spinning out and breaking your back, because even the smallest of setbacks can erase your chances of a championship. So while you may be entitled to your opinion, I beg of people PLEASE get your facts straight before bashing another sport.

Sorry, Silent Wind of Doom. I did not mean to go off topic on your thread. JJHoser, we're done with this. I bid you good day.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I'm gonna end this discussion with this: Go out and drive a 2-ton death trap at 150-200 mph with a blazing hot fire suit with other layers of fire retardant materials... with no power steering. Also, try and carry a 50 pound gas can on one shoulder, raise that 2 ton with only a jack, and have the mental toughness to do the calculations just to see if you have a CHANCE of making it on fuel and the mental toughness to stay focused, when to brake, when to shift, when to hit the gas, where one false move could be the difference between you simply spinning out and breaking your back, because even the smallest of setbacks can erase your chances of a championship. So while you may be entitled to your opinion, I beg of people PLEASE get your facts straight before bashing another sport.

Sorry, Silent Wind of Doom. I did not mean to go off topic on your thread. JJHoser, we're done with this. I bid you good day.

Have fun with your theories but a good 80 to 90% of this country will agree with me.

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

Since when did 1/3 = 80 - 90%? I'm not disagreeing with you I'm just saying your facts don't exactly add up.

The math doesn't add up, but the point of the post was to disregard the dubious notion that 80-90% percent of all Americans believe NASCAR isn't a sport. It's probably about 60-70% percent it's a sport.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I for example live in upstate NY, and as you can tell from my avatar I'm a huge NASCAR fan (Been watching on my own accord for 75% of my life [And I'm only just under 16])

Also, can I request a Jeff Gordon one

1st Image

2nd Image

Middle Logo (If you could make the colors match my avatar, then I would love you)

4th Image

5th Image

Tagline: The Wonder Boy's still got some spunk.

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

I for example live in upstate NY, and as you can tell from my avatar I'm a huge NASCAR fan (Been watching on my own accord for 75% of my life [And I'm only just under 16])

Also, can I request a Jeff Gordon one

1st Image

2nd Image

Middle Logo (If you could make the colors match my avatar, then I would love you)

4th Image

5th Image

Tagline: The Wonder Boy's still got some spunk.

And I thought the Hendrick one was cool. This idea's awesome! (Btw, I'm a big Jeff Gordon fan, too) :D

Of course I follow Colorado teams. I was born and raised in Colorado. I am NOT going to desert my hometown heroes for the people who are always in the lead. Those people are called front runners and they are pathetic. And of course the Broncos look good. They are the best team in the NFL this year.

Dude. I was just kidding. Take it down a notch. Seems like you've got a lot of pent up stuff in your past or something you gotta deal with. Jeez.

I'm headed off to Disney Monday for a week, so I'll be MIA a bit. I made sure to push through and get the Central Division done since one of the first people who wanted me to get the NHL done was a Blackhawks fan and I don't want to make him wait anymore. If I can get the other three done before Monday, I'll get them out. If not, it'll have to wait a little bit.

Here's the Western Conference's new Central Division:

2hx7nnt.jpg

1z4j03l.jpg

24orncx.jpg

vfxyqf.jpg

fxukk.jpg

6748sk.jpg

11v4ny8.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived