Patriots new wordmark

devilray2k1

I believe the previous article stated the new wordmark would be used in the endzones. Do we know whether or not this will be under the collar on the uniform?

They are in need of a uniform overhaul anyway. The unis they have now are terrible and they need to go back to their old colors.

I believe the previous article stated the new wordmark would be used in the endzones. Do we know whether or not this will be under the collar on the uniform?

No. The old one remains on the uniforms.

I don't think the new wordmark is to be used without the Patriot at the bottom. They messed up the underlining curve. The 'TRI' in Patriots is just scaled and not along the actual arching of the wordmark. Lazy. And it's not even a difficult thing to do. Warp > Arc Lower

new wordmark is crap.

old one is classic, works perfect with logo

totally unique and awesome

new wordmark is cliche and overe-mbellished. garbaggio!

Well, no... if you look at it, you see that they had to change the logo (rather signicantly) to get it to fit around the lettering. And IMO, even repositioned as it was, it still looks somewhat awkward.

Personally, I'm not a fan of script lettering for football. Excluding UCLA, it just never looks like football, to me... baseball, yes.

I think it is a solid wordmark, but they need to change the logo while they are at it. I did a concept for a high school that was ripping off the pats logo. I certainly wouldn't mind if New England adopted it ;)

cp-compare.jpg

I'll take the current one

new wordmark is crap.

Well, no... if you look at it, you see that they had to change the logo (rather signicantly) to get it to fit around the lettering. And IMO, even repositioned as it was, it still looks somewhat awkward.

You said it.

894.gif

Look what they had to do to that poor guy to stick him on the wordmark.

y71myf8mlwlk8lbgagh3fd5e0.gif

That's a pretty significant indicator of a bad design. The new wordmark can't help but be an improvement.

new wordmark is crap.

You said it.

894.gif

Look what they had to do to that poor guy to stick him on the wordmark.

y71myf8mlwlk8lbgagh3fd5e0.gif

That's a pretty significant indicator of a bad design. The new wordmark can't help but be an improvement.

Wow. I never realized how much they butchered the primary to fit it into the wordmark. I'm all in favor of them getting rid of it now. However, I'm still not sold on the one they just came out with. I would have loved to see an updated version of this beauty:

893.gif

The altered Elvis that goes over the wordmark would actually work a little better as a primary / helmet logo since it's a little less wide than tall - wouldn't look quite as small when displayed next to other logos.

I also never noticed how bad that Patriots script really is. What's up with that P? Looks like it's falling down. Wonder if they did that to work with the altered logo. They may have had to alter a logo to go with a wordmark, then alter the wordmark to go with the altered logo. Wow.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've always enjoyed the cursive wordmark. I think the new one is a huge downgrade. It might be better with the primary, but overall it's pretty damn ugly.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

new wordmark is crap.

totally unique and awesome

new wordmark is cliche and overe-mbellished. garbaggio!

That's a terrible haiku.

Archived