Patriots new wordmark

devilray2k1

IMO looks like a modern western font and therefore doesn't work with the Patriots identity. Must've used the same designed the Jags did:

I agree with this "modern western" evaluation. Just doesn't fit with any ties to the era. Not that it has to be literal, it doesn't. It could even go another way, but this is just weird looking next to the logo.

IMO looks like a modern western font and therefore doesn't work with the Patriots identity. Must've used the same designed the Jags did:

I agree with this "modern western" evaluation. Just doesn't fit with any ties to the era. Not that it has to be literal, it doesn't. It could even go another way, but this is just weird looking next to the logo.

Funny yall bring the that up. The old wordmark always felt "western" to me.

h46jfxeahir4og5gy8h0.gif

thats also my 1 hang up about it too. the spurs make it look like a woodcut font and really places it in the "wild west". just going with a modern block would have been a good move. theres not much to choose from the 18th century thats appropriate. imagine if the backlash if they came out with a Baskerville mark.

EDIT - on second thought, i was wrong. i do like this

mu8g.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I don't think the new wordmark is to be used without the Patriot at the bottom. They messed up the underlining curve. The 'TRI' in Patriots is just scaled and not along the actual arching of the wordmark. Lazy. And it's not even a difficult thing to do. Warp > Arc Lower

Now I can't unsee this. One more strike against the new wordmark.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• 2 months later...

thats also my 1 hang up about it too. the spurs make it look like a woodcut font and really places it in the "wild west". just going with a modern block would have been a good move. theres not much to choose from the 18th century thats appropriate. imagine if the backlash if they came out with a Baskerville mark.

EDIT - on second thought, i was wrong. i do like this

mu8g.png

Baskerville Bold kind of looks like the font the team used in the endzones in the 80s (on the astroturf, with blue endzones and red letters)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived