Super Bowl XLVIII Logo Concept

logoroy

Allow me to echo the opinion of many others by stating that the NFL has got to drop the Super Bowl system they are currently using and go back to creating logos like the one you posted.

As far as your logo, I like it. Again I echo the opinion of others by suggesting that it is pixilated and I agree with usern3mo that one of the stars would need to be red and the other blue to represent the NFC and AFC.

Just out of curiosity what was your inspiration? I assume that the top is modeled after the crown on the statue of liberty. Am I correct?

7fe6a713-a81f-4ac9-b995-837498cd0466_zps

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback, I appreciate it!

JMurr…Yes, you are correct that the top of the logo is modeled after the Statue of Liberty. There are so many things that can be used in a New York styled logo, but I felt the Statue of Liberty was the most recognizable. The “cold” colors I used reflect that it is going to be a cold weather Super Bowl as well. The roman numerals provide that “overwhelming” sense of being in the big city. The abstract wave at the bottom sort of compliments the Statue of Liberty at the top, to show how New York used to be the gateway to America from Europe and all over.

usern3mo…I actually wanted to put a football in this design, as I used one in the design I made for XLVI, but I just couldn’t find a good enough spot for it in this logo, so I just decided to leave it as is.

As far as the Red and Blue stars go, the three stars in my logo reflect the old World Trade Center towers and the big star in the middle reflects the new Freedom Tower. When designing this logo, I did make a design with the left and right stars being red and blue, but I just didn’t like the way it looked. If I was going to do the red and blue stars, I would have put them in a different spot. I sort have just decided to scrap that idea since the NFL decided to scrap it, but it doesn’t mean I won’t consider it for future logos.

wMVylnn.jpg

I don't get the blue streaks at the bottom. Are they supposed to be oceanic waves? Because I don't think they fit in with the whole "New York City" concept.

Yes, they represent the waves coming in from the Atlantic Ocean. It's supposed to connect with the Statue of Liberty crown at the top giving a sense of "washing ashore" into America, into New York, which has always been thought of as the "gateway" to freedom/liberty etc.

• 4 months later...

Hello, I'm new here, and I have hated the new Super Bowl Logo system that is currently in place in the NFL. So here is my Super Bowl XLVIII Logo Concept. Hope you all enjoy! wMVylnn.jpg

I like this logo, I would totally prefer this over what the NFL has come up with. I actually think the NFL should allow the host committee create a Super Bowl Logo to be used for that Super Bowl, only requirements being that it has to symbolize the city the game is being held and I think all logos should have something that depicts the NFL in some way. I like your logo all the same. I even like the Host Committees logo take out Host committee on the logo and it would be a good logo for the game. I hate this generic crap.

Archived