C&C on this logo

JMurr

So if you have viewed my posts in the past you know that I am working on a concept league of some sort. I am not an artist but am trying my hand at this as a hobby. I am working on building a whole history for the league dating back to 1889. I am also asking for advice C&C on the logos as I put them together. Below is what I have to start with for a team named the Milwaukee Monsters. Following this original post I will post the teams history.

This is their logo for the period of time when they were known as the Milwaukee Monsters (1894-1895). Keep this in mind when giving your C&C. I am aware that if it were from that date it would be more saturated, I will put it into some program and apply some effects before I present it as a finished product.

Thanks everyone. MilwaukeeMonsters1894A_zps1dda9f17.png

7fe6a713-a81f-4ac9-b995-837498cd0466_zps

Milwaukee Blue Ribbons

The Milwaukee Blue Ribbons actually date back to 1894. They were one of the two expansion franchises formed when William Cameron Coup and Andrew Carnegie decided to expand to a four team league. When Coup and Carnegie were trying to decide where they would place the franchises Coup, who at the time owned the Boston Checkers, decided he prefer owning a team in his hometown of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. So naturally Milwaukee became one of the two expansion teams.

Coup dubbed his team the Milwaukee Monsters in honor of his New United Monster Show. He moved his new team into Borchert Field. Indoor arenas were not very common at the time so some teams played in Baseball Stadiums.

On March 4, 1895 just before the start of the league’s second season Coup dies. He will be the first of two owners who die in the second calendar year of the leagues existence. This is an early test for the leagues sustainability as the league had only five teams at the time and now two of those teams had no owner. However it did not take long for the league to find a new owner for the Milwaukee Monsters.

Before the 1896 season one of Milwaukee’s many brewers, Frederick Pabst, purchases the team. He also moves the team in doors into a somewhat unorthodox setting, when he moves the team into his recently built Pabst Theatre. One other change he brings to the team is that he rebrands them as the Milwaukee Blue Ribbons a name borrowed from one of the beers that he brews, Pabst Blue Ribbon or better known as PBR.

On January 1, 1904 Frederick Pabst passes away leaving no heir to the team. The league takes control of the team and puts it up for sale. Following the 1904 season the league sales the team to one of the founders of the Harley-Davidson Motor Cycle Company, William S. Harley.

When the stock market crashes in October of 1929 the league is hit hard. Attendance at games is way down for the 1930 season and following that season five of the leagues then eleven teams fold. This includes the Milwaukee Blue Ribbons. Being one of the most western teams the travel expenses for the Blue Ribbons are high, so when the revenue drops in 1930 they are one team especially effected. Another contributing factor to their demise is their inability to find a more suitable venue.

Following the 1931 season three more of the remaining six teams likewise fold. The 1932 season would see only three teams play. The league would begin to rebuild and recover starting in 1933.

So I have been working on this. I did thicken the pinstripes. Is it enough? The following three images are the progression of what I have been doing. I thought why circle, I know I am going to use a circle a lot in the whole project and besides aren't they used in logos to often already (look at how many MLB teams use a circle). So I thought about using a diamond. Thoughts?MilwaukeeMonsters1894B_zps21e19b0c.pngMilwaukeeMonsters1894C_zpsdb7690a5.pngMilwaukeeMonsters1894D_zps3b32f50f.png

Archived