You know you're a logo snob when...

GMac

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Refusing to let my girlfriend to buy me any jersey for my birthday because I don't want her to buy the wrong thing.

I'm lucky enough to have a girlfriend who really knows her stuff with jerseys, hats, etc. At least once a week she'll make an unsolicited comment on uniforms. While watching the Cardinals the other night, out of nowhere she says "I really prefer the Cardinals wearing red hats with their road uniforms. There's really no reason they should wear any kind of blue." It's pretty great.

BB52Big.jpg

Refusing to let my girlfriend to buy me any jersey for my birthday because I don't want her to buy the wrong thing.

Yes. I'd prefer to make my own buys when it comes to logoed material so that it is just the right thing. I cannot stand haphazard purchases of merchandise with sporting emblems.

FsQiF2W.png

I'm lucky enough to have a girlfriend who really knows her stuff with jerseys, hats, etc. At least once a week she'll make an unsolicited comment on uniforms. While watching the Cardinals the other night, out of nowhere she says "I really prefer the Cardinals wearing red hats with their road uniforms. There's really no reason they should wear any kind of blue." It's pretty great.

You know you've found "the one" when...

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I can spot those Reebok fake "authentic" NFL jerseys a mile away and when I point out to people it is fake they get pissed at me.

story of my life. I've hurt more than a few of my friends feelings by saying they have fake jerseys. i feel bad, but I just can't hold it in. and I hate seeing them all over. I feel like there are more fakes than real jereseys nowadays.

Another time is when some team comes out with fugly uniforms (Wyoming's digicamo junk or Miami OH's recent new ones for example) and all my friends go "damnnn that is awesome" and all I can do is barf.

You know you've found "the one" when...

Yup. She's been putting up with me for 15 years now. She is the greatest.

BB52Big.jpg

You know you're a snob when you won't buy a Walmart NFL jersey that lazily puts a helmet logo on the sleeves for all 32 teams.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

When you see sports logos used in Television graphics that aren't scaled correctly, or are flipped (I hate that) or are 'last-seasons-logo' that hasn't been updated on the system.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I know I'm a logo snob when I see certain logos that don't have the correct line weight for the outline of them. It bothers me no end, yet 99% of people don't even think about it.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Every season, I go through the pro football preview magazines and count the number of old and outdated helmets and logos.

I also get somewhat livid every time Sports Illustrated sends me those subscription offers through the mail - you know, the ones where you pick your favorite team to get some POS windbreaker as a gift for subscribing - and like 20 of the 32 teams have the wrong helmet graphic.

I got on my girlfriend's nerves because I wouldn't let it go that Florida's women softball team uses the old gator (light green chin) and old wordmark still. I mean maybe softball was too low down on the list to get their jerseys upgraded but it was still irritating (even though it's better). You can't see the side patch in this pic but here's the wordmark

tn-1-lu.jpg

What wordmark? What logo? Florida? ;)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Not that I ever would have purchased a Seattle Supersonics replica in the early 90s, but what cinched the deal even further was trying to pass off

schrempfjersey.JPG

as a reasonable representation of

img322.jpg

I knew of my logo snobbiness at an early age.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Archived