HUGE on-field logo

MG helmets

That does look a little big, but I'm curious to see the finished product.

I hope it does not become the trend to have larger and larger logos. I could see the NCAA legislating this (like they do with colored turf). Maybe something about keeping it inside the hash marks and not extending past to 40?

I love large logos on basketball courts and football fields, but this a way to much. I mean heck, if your gonna to a large logo do them like ECU or Arkansas where the logo is large horizontally, but not vertically as well.

uspw_5718084.jpg

New_Turf(4).jpg

spacer.png

I'm biased since my brother went to ECU and my sister is there now, but I love their "Pirate State of Mind" logo.

To add to the thread, here's App's HUGE midcourt logo for basketball:

6329544050_4d493dbaea_o.jpg

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

This wouldn't be nearly as bad if it had just been a lighter or darker shade of green. Sorta like some designs in baseball outfields or a stained logo on a basketball court.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

It's obnoxiously big, yes, but it won't violate any NCAA rules because it doesn't affect the legibility of any of the field markings. The ECU logo and Arkansas logos, for example, obscure some of the yard lines. I'm pretty sure the NCAA has put in a new rule that requires the lines be legible (at least at field level) in order to measure for first downs.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

This is really neat.

WyomingField2.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived