Sign in to follow this  
MG helmets

HUGE on-field logo

What the...

fields are going to be like how unis are now....smh]

That does look a little big, but I'm curious to see the finished product.

I hope it does not become the trend to have larger and larger logos. I could see the NCAA legislating this (like they do with colored turf). Maybe something about keeping it inside the hash marks and not extending past to 40?

I love large logos on basketball courts and football fields, but this a way to much. I mean heck, if your gonna to a large logo do them like ECU or Arkansas where the logo is large horizontally, but not vertically as well.

uspw_5718084.jpg

New_Turf(4).jpg

I'm biased since my brother went to ECU and my sister is there now, but I love their "Pirate State of Mind" logo.

To add to the thread, here's App's HUGE midcourt logo for basketball:

6329544050_4d493dbaea_o.jpg

Huge logos are my biggest pet peeve. No reason for it and it looks terrible.

This wouldn't be nearly as bad if it had just been a lighter or darker shade of green. Sorta like some designs in baseball outfields or a stained logo on a basketball court.

I don't mind this. I kinda like it actually. I think because it's one solid color, no shading or outlines, and it kinda looks like those converted baseball fields, which is a familiar site.

It's obnoxiously big, yes, but it won't violate any NCAA rules because it doesn't affect the legibility of any of the field markings. The ECU logo and Arkansas logos, for example, obscure some of the yard lines. I'm pretty sure the NCAA has put in a new rule that requires the lines be legible (at least at field level) in order to measure for first downs.

I actually like this for this school. I don't mind it probably because the logo is so simple.

I actually like this for this school. I don't mind it probably because the logo is so simple.

I agree, with the one color logo it works. That is a great logo btw.

I think it could be worse, but its not my favorite. I like the logo itself and the fact that its only one color, but its way too big for my tastes.