NFL Pencils

BlueSky

Mrs. Bluesky, the same woman who rolls her eyes whenever this board is mentioned, somehow managed to compile quite a pencil collection as a child.

pencils_zps7d82bf79.jpg

I asked why and she said they were just fun to collect. They're all in mint condition. Interesting how the Cowboys have the silver-blue (it's really gray). At first I thought that was just how the pencil people represented silver but look at the Raiders. Colts, Oilers, Rams, and Cardinals were all in their old cities.

Sorry about the random order, I didn't have the patience to lay them out alphabetically or by division.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a really good collection. I used to have a lot of these. In the late 80s and early 90s I also used to collect the NFL pencils with the team wordmark, helmets, and logo...looked like these

IMAG0017.jpg

Baseball had cool pencils in 1993 or 1994 or so.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

That is a really good collection. I used to have a lot of these. In the late 80s and early 90s I also used to collect the NFL pencils with the team wordmark, helmets, and logo...looked like these

IMAG0017.jpg

I used to collect them in elementary school. People would ask to borrow them in class. Heck No!

Mrs. Bluesky, the same woman who rolls her eyes whenever this board is mentioned, somehow managed to compile quite a pencil collection as a child.

pencils_zps7d82bf79.jpg

I asked why and she said they were just fun to collect. They're all in mint condition. Interesting how the Cowboys have the silver-blue (it's really gray). At first I thought that was just how the pencil people represented silver but look at the Raiders. Colts, Oilers, Rams, and Cardinals were all in their old cities.

Sorry about the random order, I didn't have the patience to lay them out alphabetically or by division.

I actually have these and baseball too! They're in a box and I've wondered why I keep them, but then I look at them and they bring back good memories of being a kid.

IMAG0017.jpg

I used to collect them in elementary school. People would ask to borrow them in class. Heck No!
You and me both! I would use everyone else but the Broncos. Figured it would be disrespectful to shred up my favorite team. I was a weird kid. Go Broncos!

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

pencils_zps7d82bf79.jpg

Those things go for HUGE prices on ebay, especially if in complete sets. I've seen sealed packs go for upwards of $100. The most recent sales have been for $65-$75 after shipping...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=nfl+pencil&_sop=16

I've got the complete set somewhere that I got as a kid in the late 70s. They were available in the Sears Christmas Wish Book, along with a whole slew of other cool NFL stuff. Just about any of that Sears NFL stuff from the 70s and 80s goes for big $$$ on ebay, namely the player figures and helmet cars.

I guess I'll share a cheesy part of my childhood that involves these pencils...

I had the NFL pencils, gumball helmets, mini pennants, push pins, and static cling decals for all 28 teams in the 70s. When the playoffs started, I would lay all those items out on one side of my bedroom floor, grouped by team, for the ten playoff teams. As they were eliminated, I'd remove those teams' things, until on Super Bowl day there were only two teams left in the floor.

Hey, when you have no driver's license, no video games, no smart phone, no internet, three static-filled TV channels, and the nearest kid lives two miles away, you entertain yourself however you can. :)

pencils_zps7d82bf79.jpg

I remember having those in grade school. I wish I still had them now.

Schools are killing things like this now. My kids school only allows yellow pencils. That's because they make us buy more than our kids need and give them to other kids' parents can't afford it or are too worthless to buy the supplies their kids need. They don't want to have to worry about giving a boy a girl pencil or vice versa.

pencils_zps7d82bf79.jpg

Schools are killing things like this now. My kids school only allows yellow pencils. That's because they make us buy more than our kids need and give them to other kids' parents can't afford it or are too worthless to buy the supplies their kids need. They don't want to have to worry about giving a boy a girl pencil or vice versa.

They only allow yellow pencils? I didn't know your kids go to school in the Soviet Union.

pencils_zps7d82bf79.jpg

They only allow yellow pencils? I didn't know your kids go to school in the Soviet Union.
If they went to school in the Motherland, the pencils would be red

IbjBaeE.png

pencils_zps7d82bf79.jpg

If they went to school in the Motherland, the pencils would be red
Touché

pencils_zps7d82bf79.jpg

That's how all elementary schools are in Springfield, IL. They make you buy more pencils than you need and give them to kids whose parents can't afford supplies or refuse to buy their kids supplies. I don't know if they require yellow to avoid boys getting girls pencils (or vice versa) or so the kids can't tell whose parents can't afford supplies. The kids don't even keep the supplies they bring at their desk. The kids put all the supplies together on the first day of school and the teacher hands them out as needed. I agree it's ridiculous.

I loved those pencils. I still have a boatload of them hanging around.

I have so many of the pencils from the late 80's/early 90's. Used to collect them in elementary school. I remember the school store ALWAYS had them if we wanted them, just had to bug our parents enough to give us the money to buy them. Now I have like 200 or more of those pencils. I also have a lot of the later ones from the 90's as well.

Been on a nostalgia trip from my childhood lately, with gumball helmets, pencils and pennants.

I loved those pencils. I still have a boatload of them hanging around.

I have so many of the pencils from the late 80's/early 90's. Used to collect them in elementary school. I remember the school store ALWAYS had them if we wanted them, just had to bug our parents enough to give us the money to buy them. Now I have like 200 or more of those pencils. I also have a lot of the later ones from the 90's as well.

Been on a nostalgia trip from my childhood lately, with gumball helmets, pencils and pennants.

I went on that trip about 5 years ago, it was really fun. I was lucky that my mom saved all of my stuff.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

pencils_zps7d82bf79.jpg

Those things go for HUGE prices on ebay, especially if in complete sets. I've seen sealed packs go for upwards of $100. The most recent sales have been for $65-$75 after shipping...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=nfl+pencil&_sop=16

I've got the complete set somewhere that I got as a kid in the late 70s. They were available in the Sears Christmas Wish Book, along with a whole slew of other cool NFL stuff. Just about any of that Sears NFL stuff from the 70s and 80s goes for big $$$ on ebay, namely the player figures and helmet cars.

I have the set of these unused pencils somewhere. I might have to find them for $100. When I was a kid in the 70's I got so much NFL stuff for Christmas from Sears. They had everything! I remember I was excited that my new bedspread had the expansion teams (Bucs and Seahawks) on it. My sister still has my old blanket with all the team wordmarks.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

Archived