NFL Pencils

BlueSky

I had the AL and NL league packs, must have been late 90s because I remember the Devil Rays and Diamondbacks being new. I used to set them up in tournament style brackets on the floor in my bedroom and flip a coin to see who won and keep track of records and such. Iirc the Dodgers won the inaugural "coin flip pencil" tournament.

Anyone remember the NFL helmet magnets? They were in gumball machines and consisted of a one sided helmet, a logo sticker to put on, and a magnet square to slot into the back. Would have been late 90s as well, no Browns and Oilers instead of Titans. You could trade a unique color 2-for-1 in my group (Bengals orange, Eagles dark green, Bucs "copper", as we called it). Think I ended up just a few teams short of a complete set but probably invested a good $20-$25 worth of quarters that summer. Lol I will always remember my mom coming home one day and surprising me with 4 non-doubles! Turns out the guy was refilling machine while she was going by and was more than happy to sell specific ones before they got dumped into the general population.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the AL and NL league packs, must have been late 90s because I remember the Devil Rays and Diamondbacks being new. I used to set them up in tournament style brackets on the floor in my bedroom and flip a coin to see who won and keep track of records and such. Iirc the Dodgers won the inaugural "coin flip pencil" tournament.

Anyone remember the NFL helmet magnets? They were in gumball machines and consisted of a one sided helmet, a logo sticker to put on, and a magnet square to slot into the back. Would have been late 90s as well, no Browns and Oilers instead of Titans. You could trade a unique color 2-for-1 in my group (Bengals orange, Eagles dark green, Bucs "copper", as we called it). Think I ended up just a few teams short of a complete set but probably invested a good $20-$25 worth of quarters that summer. Lol I will always remember my mom coming home one day and surprising me with 4 non-doubles! Turns out the guy was refilling machine while she was going by and was more than happy to sell specific ones before they got dumped into the general population.

Go crazy!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SET-OF-31-NFL-1-GUMBALL-HELMET-MAGNETS-1990s-IN-VENDING-CAPSULES-/161053649901?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item257f8babed

That's them!

Don't remember the Browns being included in the set though. :P

I can remember the ones I was missing now after seeing them, the Bears, Giants, Steelers, and Chargers. I swear every third one was the Seahawks!

That's them!

I can remember the ones I was missing now after seeing them, the Bears, Giants, Steelers, and Chargers. I swear every third one was the Seahawks!

Holy cow! NOW I remember these!

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

That's them!

Holy cow! NOW I remember these!

I have a Chiefs and a Seahawks on my fridge to this day.

I remember the pencils (the Team NFL ones)...used to LOVE those things, but I'd always throw San Francisco and Dallas in the trash can immediately.

Another good NFL memory that has been jogged now are the posters that my dad bought for my room when I was like 4. I still have them rolled in a tube. Not sure where they were from, but they were beautiful! The old NFL Posters by artist Chuck Ren. I had the St. Louis Cardinals (Home team), Raiders, and Steelers.

cardinals79ren-1.jpg

I have the pencils from the 70s (first one's shown) and most of the 90s collection. I also have the NHL from the 90s. Fine collection everyone has.

I also have the Dallas Cowboys cork Bulletin board.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I remember the pencils (the Team NFL ones)...used to LOVE those things, but I'd always throw San Francisco and Dallas in the trash can immediately.

Another good NFL memory that has been jogged now are the posters that my dad bought for my room when I was like 4. I still have them rolled in a tube. Not sure where they were from, but they were beautiful! The old NFL Posters by artist Chuck Ren. I had the St. Louis Cardinals (Home team), Raiders, and Steelers.

cardinals79ren-1.jpg

Those were beautiful. I have the Bengals one when they had the original non-stripes helmets, framed and matted and hanging in my fan cave. It's one of my favorite pieces. I've also seen miniature versions of these on ebay recently. I'd love to have the entire 28 team set framed and displayed (the miniature version).

That is a really good collection. I used to have a lot of these. In the late 80s and early 90s I also used to collect the NFL pencils with the team wordmark, helmets, and logo...looked like these

IMAG0017.jpg

Baseball had cool pencils in 1993 or 1994 or so.

I had those same football pencils in the 80s too...used them in school except for the Redskins, which I still have.

I found it sharpened earlier in the year...I guess my son wanted to use it. No big deal, it's just a pencil and he's already a Skins fan.

I did move it so it can't be sharpened down too far though. :D

DAMN IMPRESSIVE COLLECTION, ADW77!

87Redskins.png

Archived