Hall of Fame Game

connriv

I thought this deserved its own thread, since we're seeing the Fins uniforms on the field for the first time.

I think they look great, but it's a little disorienting to see that the orange has been downgraded to a highlight color equal to the navy.

Also disorienting is the huge "MIAMI" printed on the players' butts. I hope that's not something any other team emulates.

One more thing - I'm watching football in HD for the first time and the Cowboys' pants no longer look green. Is it my TV? Or did they finally, FINALLY chuck the green pants? (Someone please tell me they chucked the green.)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this deserved its own thread, since we're seeing the Fins uniforms on the field for the first time.

I think they look great, but it's a little disorienting to see that the orange has been downgraded to a highlight color equal to the navy.

Also disorienting is the huge "MIAMI" printed on the players' butts. I hope that's not something any other team emulates.

One more thing - I'm watching football in HD for the first time and the Cowboys' pants no longer look green. Is it my TV? Or did they finally, FINALLY chuck the green pants? (Someone please tell me they chucked the green.)

I am having the opposite effect. I think the green/silver pants are more pronounced against the aqua of the Dolphins jersey

Dolphins look a bit plain/generic but overall it's not bad. It's at least an upgrade from their awful previous uniforms.

Cowboys uniforms will never be fixed. Green tinted silver pants and cheap looking sleeve stripes need to go.

The Dolphins need more orange. What is it with the Florida teams and going with generic uniform less than impressive designs. I get the idea of not going Seattle Seahawk route of going over-board and stupid, but holy cow, it's like they didn't even try to look good.

I dig the new look on field. The aqua does look lighter than I originally thought it was but maybe it's the lighting. I do wish the orange outlines were thicker but I can still make them out ok. My Cowboys on the other hand...I can't wait for thanksgiving to see the unis they should be wearing full time.

Here are the new Dolphins' colors in Pantone Textile terms:

MiamiDolphins_FRC_9999_TXC_SRGB.png

As always, these are the color descriptions that Pantone assigns to their colors; the Dolphins did not have anything to do with them (I highly doubt that they even know what they are).

This is the first time and 17 years I didn't attend the HOF weekend. Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing these in person and reporting in, but this is usually an annual road trip / getaway for myself and a buddy, and he couldn't make it.

On TV the orange was pretty much invisible. Whatever other changes anyone thinks they might need, I think its obvious they need to alter the ratio of thickness of dark blue and orange. Thin the blue slightly, thicken the orange slightly, and these improve noticeably.

Archived