Hall of Fame Game

connriv

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the Dolphins new uniforms looked really good on the mannequins with the Vikings and Jaguars, but they looked really bad on the field during that game. I mean really bad. Looked like a Miami team that didn't have NFL rights and couldn't look like the real Dolphins. Not sure if that makes sense to anyone else, but they just didn't look like the real Dolphins. The helmet/pant stripes just looked odd with that thick line and a lack of orange. I also wish the Dolphins had a secondary logo that could've gone on the sleeves like the Buccaneers have. Just a bad looking uniform on the field and can hopefully get fixed over time.

I thought the Dolphins new uniforms looked really good on the mannequins with the Vikings and Jaguars, but they looked really bad on the field during that game. I mean really bad. Looked like a Miami team that didn't have NFL rights and couldn't look like the real Dolphins. Not sure if that makes sense to anyone else, but they just didn't look like the real Dolphins. The helmet/pant stripes just looked odd with that thick line and a lack of orange. I also wish the Dolphins had a secondary logo that could've gone on the sleeves like the Buccaneers have. Just a bad looking uniform on the field and can hopefully get fixed over time.

I believe the shade of Aqua is the original shade they used back in 1966 or so. The Aqua has darkened over the years. Everyone is just shocked at the moment about the change as they are not used to it yet. In any event, they are stuck with this look for at least 5 years.

I believe the shade of Aqua is the original shade they used back in 1966 or so. The Aqua has darkened over the years. Everyone is just shocked at the moment about the change as they are not used to it yet. In any event, they are stuck with this look for at least 5 years.

The color was fine. I prefer the lighter shade of blue. But the wide helmet/pant stripe with a lack of orange presence and just the overall look on the field looked like a fake version of the Dolphins.

Does anyone else think Miami's "teal" almost looks like a Carolina Blue now?

The logo has grown on me a bit, the helmet looks nice, but I wish the jersey was more teal colored.... And like others have said, more orange

Your TV might need an adjustment. It still looked greenish but WOW was it bright. It was a fluorescent version of their previous color.

87Redskins.png

Like some have said just did not look like the Dolphins.

While the the darker blue is unique & looks good on its own it really muddies the set & the Dolphins would have been much wiser to exclude it from the uniform.

I could live with everything else but the striping just looks awful with the extra blue.

My critiques of the Dolphins downgrade:

1. They need the orange back.

2. The teal is too blue and too light.

3. Ditch the tramp stamp.

4. The logo still looks more like it should be for a Caribbean country's national airline than for a football team. Major downgrade from the most recent

dolphin. The wordmark is also a downgrade.

All in all a significant step back from the Marino years, and even from the most recent uniforms. Not Seahawk horrible, but not a good move.

I agree with many/most of the criticisms of the Dolphins, but minimizing (or eliminating) the navy and substantially increasing the orange would make them acceptable to me. Still not crazy about the logo but holding out for the possibility it will grow on me. Regardless, the previous logo will always be among my favorites in NFL history, and it saddens me to see it gone. Maybe, someday, someone in a position of authority within the organization will revert them back to a version of the old one. Same thing for the baseball team that plays in that city.

Anyone else think it would be better to wear throwbacks, to the era of a certain inductee(s)?

I think that would be cool. But the problem would be to which era and if they would both wear the same era, or different.

spacer.png

I too liked the original leaping dolphin, but I am ok with this new incarnation, the logo itself is still true to the original design of a dolphin paired with the sun. The problem as I, and so many others here have eloquently stated, is the lack of orange in the uniform. Adding just thicker lines of orange trim, and deemphasizing the navy on the helmet stripe in lieu of the old aqua/orange stripe would make this uniform more than acceptable in my opinion.

I thought the Dolphins looked horrible on the field last night! I still HATE the new logo and the lighter blue and orange does not look good at all. The white facemask needs to be changed to blue (aqua). The Cowboys were a mess just like every previous year as their whole uniform is horrible and does not go good together.

spacer.png

Archived