Hall of Fame Game

connriv

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My opinion: Make the "Tile Blue" darker, make the orange darker, replace the "Moroccan Blue" on the numbers and nameplates with more thicker orange, get rid of the wordmarks off the jerseys and the pants, make the facemask orange and you got a good set.

I am in the minority that prefers this logo. I don't like "campy" angry dolphins wearing helmets. But the rest of this is awful. The tramp stamp, the thin out lines everywhere, and the colors that play tricks on your eyes...like the uncertainty of whether there is orange or not.

In the above photos, I can clearly see the dark blue and then orange outlining the lighter blue "thick" stripe on the helmet. However (and I am really curious to see whether anyone else saw this), on my non-HD TV, I swore I saw a green outline on one side of the thick helmet stripe and a purple outline on the other...it gave me an Original Hornets vibe.

I still really love the logo, but given the rest of this mess, I'd say we'll see an old look (including logo) coming back in about 5 years.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

rd5p.jpg

Anyone have a story on why they are playing this game in what's not a stadium?

That would be the Orange Bowl. The original home of the Miami Dolphins before they moved to Joe Robbie Stadium a.k.a. whatever other 45 names it's had since then.

It housed the Miami Hurricanes as well until it was demolished to make way for Marlins Park.

The Orange Bowl was a horseshoe shaped stadium with palm trees in one endzone, so that's the angle you see in the photo above. Here's a high-angle shot of it during a U of Miami game during its last years so you can see the end zone:

Orange-Bowl-Photo-by-Jesus-Aranguren.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Going to be redundant... But I echo all the post that hate new Dolphin uni's... And your comments are much more witty than mine. What is the over/under when they go back to the classic logo and colors? I say 3 seasons. Most likely they will try to incorporate the old with the new, ala the Chargers.

What is the over/under when they go back to the classic logo and colors? I say 3 seasons.

Will the league let them change again that soon?

They have to wait 5 years before they can make significant changes, im thinking logo would be significant, but colors could be adjusted to a brighter more vibrant orange and a darker aqua, even though i like this color

Going to be redundant... But I echo all the post that hate new Dolphin uni's... And your comments are much more witty than mine. What is the over/under when they go back to the classic logo and colors? I say 3 seasons. Most likely they will try to incorporate the old with the new, ala the Chargers.

League rules state they must stay with these uniforms for at least 5 years, they could incorporate a throwback version thay could be worn twice a year though.

Slightly off topic: Is there any particular reason why the HOF game counts as a 5th preseason game for the teams involved? Seems like the smart thing to do would be to just eliminate a road preseason game from the participating teams' schedule.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived