Hall of Fame Game

connriv

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is this "tramp stamp" you guys are all talking about?

The words on the top of the behind.

Ah. Makes sense.

Google.com is your friend, too.

Slightly off topic: Is there any particular reason why the HOF game counts as a 5th preseason game for the teams involved? Seems like the smart thing to do would be to just eliminate a road preseason game from the participating teams' schedule.

Because the HOF game is four days before everyone else's first game. There's a disadvantage of having an almost 10-day gap between the HOF Game and the second week's game.

Go A's!

Personally I love the logo.

tempEMMS9576--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

Love the helmet, minus a few issues. I wish the orange was more prevalent. I hate that you can barley see the Orange on TV. They should have atleast had the orange stripe the same width of the blue.

Personally, I wish they got rid of the middle blue stripe and had it Aqua and Orange

Make the orange double in size than the blue in helmet and numbers, probably a little more dark the aqua, and remove the tiny dolphin on the sleeves, probably stripes would look better there. The logo has grown on me, I like the helmet a lot, again, just make the orange double the size of the blue.

I don't know that they're any worse than most of the custom numbers around the league. Bad as they are, they're certainly better than the Eagles' or Patriots' numbers.

Whats wrong with the patriots, it's just a normal block font, that is stretched and squeezed in areas, it looks pretty normal, but separates them from the rest of the league at the same time

Slightly off topic: Is there any particular reason why the HOF game counts as a 5th preseason game for the teams involved? Seems like the smart thing to do would be to just eliminate a road preseason game from the participating teams' schedule.

Well, if you eliminate two road games from the league's schedule but don't eliminate any home games, you're going to have a scheduling problem.

rd5p.jpg

Anyone have a story on why they are playing this game in what's not a stadium?

My bigger takeaway from here is that they had artificial turf at the Orange Bowl?!???!?!!

Turns out per Wikipedia it was there from '70-'75. How 'bout that?

The Dolphins have a little bit of a Boise State effect going on there, with their aqua jerseys and almost-aqua artificial turf.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I think I may be one of the only ones to actually like Miami's new uniforms. The only thing that really bugs me is the tramp stamp. Now, they look like an aqua and white team, which looks very good, and the blue and orange are accents. I agree that the orange should be more prevalent, but I really like the way the new blue and aqua look together.

I Like Miami's New Aqua And The Overall Layout. I'd Just Eliminate The Darker Of The Two Blues Everywhere Outside Of The Aquafresh Dolphin And Replace It With Orange. Might Mock That Up And See How It Looks.

I don't know that they're any worse than most of the custom numbers around the league. Bad as they are, they're certainly better than the Eagles' or Patriots' numbers.

Oh, I disagree, and I HATE the Patriots' numbers. I am not a fan of the Eagles' numbers, or roundy custom fonts in general, but the only really bad digit they have is the 1. Before this year, I would have said the Falcons had the worst font, but now I think the Dolphins' new font is the worst font to ever see an NFL field. It's way too thin to work on any uniform, let alone a light colored uniform with white numbers. The outlines are terrible, there is no cohisiveness between the numbers, and worst of all is following the recent trend of inappropriately placing serifs just because and then truncating areas that should have serifs. How the hell do you have a random sharp angle amidst curves, with the corresponding spot on two different numbers doing different things? There's not a single redeeming quality about those numbers.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I Like Miami's New Aqua And The Overall Layout. I'd Just Eliminate The Darker Of The Two Blues Everywhere Outside Of The Aquafresh Dolphin And Replace It With Orange. Might Mock That Up And See How It Looks.

Can You Please Not Talk Like This It Is Annoying

(and I do agree with you by the way, though)

spacer.png

Well, if you eliminate two road games from the league's schedule but don't eliminate any home games, you're going to have a scheduling problem.

rd5p.jpg

Anyone have a story on why they are playing this game in what's not a stadium?

My bigger takeaway from here is that they had artificial turf at the Orange Bowl?!???!?!!

Turns out per Wikipedia it was there from '70-'75. How 'bout that?

The Dolphins have a little bit of a Boise State effect going on there, with their aqua jerseys and almost-aqua artificial turf.

Keep in mind this photo is film and has faded over the years, the furf was green and jerseys were dark aqua.

I liked the aqua shade for the Dolphins quite a bit. I echo the statements many others have said as well: I wish that orange was showcased more in the Dolphins' new uniforms.

The thing that struck me about that picture of the Dolphins playing the Steelers at the old Orange Bowl is that the Steelers are wearing white pants. Anybody know why?

rd5p.jpg

I liked the aqua shade for the Dolphins quite a bit. I echo the statements many others have said as well: I wish that orange was showcased more in the Dolphins' new uniforms.

The thing that struck me about that picture of the Dolphins playing the Steelers at the old Orange Bowl is that the Steelers are wearing white pants. Anybody know why?

rd5p.jpg

The Steelers wore white pants on the road for a couple of years in the early 1970s - probably 1970-71, maybe a few times in 1972? Which would correspond to the time period when the Dolphins wore the plain jerseys most of the time (1970-1972 - they mixed the plain and the striped jerseys in 1972, mostly by player, not by game).

Ah, the old polyturf of the Orange Bowl. It caused many injuries. It melted and faded in the sun. Originally green in color, the turf began to look blue in appearance and eventually developed white bleached spots. It was a horrible field, but the Dolphins' best teams played on it.

rd5p.jpg

The open end of the stadium housed the pool for Flipper the Dolphin during the early days of the franchise.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived