NCAA Golf, trying something new

vicfurth

Hey, all. Been quite a while since I've done a full-blown project. I got inspiration from starting to follow golf again and thought this would be a unique idea. To my knowledge, I don't believe golf has been tried on these boards before, so I believe this'll be fun. I'm testing the waters to see if you guys are interested in this idea, so hit this up if you are.

The conference alignments will be similar to current NCAA football, just to keep everything easy on us all. With that said, let's dive in, shall we?

I'm actually starting with the Ivy League. It seemed right to start something like golf out with a conference that's known more for brains than brawn:

YaleBulldogsGolf_zps53fea0be.png

I wanted to start with a pretty basic design. I gave a couple different headwear options: a cap and a visor. There are also a couple different shirts and pants combos for different tournaments.

Let me know what you guys think of it! I think golf will actually lend itself to some really interesting designs because there aren't really the aesthetic rules one has with other sports, plus there are a lot more manufacturers to pull from.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

This could be really cool. I thought about doing it myself after getting into the Tiger Woods game on PS3 a few months back, however I had no idea how I would execute it. I am interested to see what you do.

When I read the thread title though, I had horrible visions of Oregon-esque volt coloured golf courses and greens as well as sublimated logos on fairways etc.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but most NCAA golf programs have more than just two polos. It's more along the lines of 4-6.

I actually wasn't. I'd thought of incorporating more with some schools too. Maybe longer sleeves for others in colder weather.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Got the second one coming up, the Harvard Crimson:

HarvardCrimsonGolf_zps6f35b226.png

I really like the colors here. I wanted to balance the black and khaki. The multiple colors lent well to a golf-style polo with small alternating stripes. 16kid had a good idea with the belt so I added that here too. The crimson belt went well, I thought, with a younger style of this type of business casual.

I got another Ivy League school coming tomorrow, either Dartmouth or Princeton. Gonna try a new idea besides a form of horizontal striping. Maybe even three or four shirts and pants. Sounds scary for football, but not for golf.

This next one is the Princeton Tigers. I'm trying something new here. It's a lot more radical design than Harvard and Yale, first off. Second, I really wanted to flesh out some more options for colors and combinations. This one has three shirts and four hats to go with two different pant styles.

PrincetonTigersGolf_zps1b228b2e.png

Let me know what you think. I had wanted an orange hat option but didn't feel like it worked well.

Kind of a weird pants template you have there... looks more like baseball pants. Golf pants would be just khakis. They wouldn't taper that much down by the ankle.

For Harvard, the khaki color doesn't show up as well against red...I'd make it white. They're the Crimson...if the shield isn't white, I'd make it crimson. And since they're a Nike school, you could put the Nike Golf logo in there somewhere, for realism.

Here's how I think the major schools would go, as far as manufacturers...

Nike = Nike Golf

adidas = adidas or Taylor Made (same parent, I think)

Under Armour = Under Armour or Titleist

Russell = Nike shoes, Titleist/Ping clothing

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

This is a really cool idea.There should definitely be more golf concepts around here. White pants would look pretty good on Harvard.

Also, I was expecting logo shaped greens for some odd reason when I clicked.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Kind of a weird pants template you have there... looks more like baseball pants. Golf pants would be just khakis. They wouldn't taper that much down by the ankle.

For Harvard, the khaki color doesn't show up as well against red...I'd make it white. They're the Crimson...if the shield isn't white, I'd make it crimson. And since they're a Nike school, you could put the Nike Golf logo in there somewhere, for realism.

Here's how I think the major schools would go, as far as manufacturers...

Nike = Nike Golf

adidas = adidas or Taylor Made (same parent, I think)

Under Armour = Under Armour or Titleist

Russell = Nike shoes, Titleist/Ping clothing

Yeah I need to re-do the legs. I could always say they went for the "kewl" skinny legged pants?

I was kinda tossing random golf manu logos. Thanks for the help on proper manufacturer logos for these. I wanna do this properly, since golf hasn't been done much on here.

Just finished the latest one, The Columbia Lions:

ColumbiaLionsGolf_zpsbe98377e.png

My biggest alterations to the template were the adjusting of the pants template and the addition of more hat options. I like the window pane pattern here and think it could become a pattern that is uniquely Columbia's.

Cornell or Dartmouth should be up next.

These are all great so far. Keep up the good work. I always like seeing people take a stab at new sports on these boards.

Also, the new pants look much better. I'd suggest updating your previous teams to this template.

First addition to this in a while due to my new job! Just started working for my church in internet marketing. Officially started the new career! :woot:

Back on topic. The next I'm adding is actually the PENN QUAKERS. I wanted another unique style for them and I had a couple ideas that I haven't tried until now:

1) This is the first school to use the university seal. I've always like Penn's seal and want to use it here, separating them from the single-letter logos I've used almost exclusively.

2) I took a cue from their primary logo in designing the shirts themselves.

Per usual, all pant, belt, hat, and shirts can be combined in various ways for multiple looks.

PennQuakersGolf_zps464ad822.png

Hope you guys like it. As I settle more into my schedule I'll try to have these up quicker. In the meantime, any comments? Improvements? Ideas for future Ivy League schools?

For Penn I would get rid of the left-most shirt (the right-most matches the logo, so it should stay) and make a single color shirt with the stripe. I'm thinking all white with a blue or red stripe.

I love that the shirts match the logo though.

Archived