rjrrzube

Notre Dame "Shamrock Series" Uni

I like the uniform a lot. I cant think of any other time ive seen a metallic logo (vinyl or paint) like this on a helmet. Not counting Oregons wings. I love the idea but one of my biggest pet peeves is using 2 different finishes/textures in the same color on a helmet. (Until someone gets the matte/gloss combo right in black). That metallic gold paint behind the glossy gold just annoys the :censored: out of me.

Id love to see the logo in green, but i dont like looking at design with "what ifs". So the finished package here is probably a B+ for me

I love them. I think they are interesting and unique, without being gaudy.

Not bad at all. I'm reasonably sure I'm in the minority on this, but I liked last year's version too.

Not bad at all. I'm reasonably sure I'm in the minority on this, but I liked last year's version too.

a very small minority

Saw this thread and immediately thought oh no not again, then saw the photo and was actually kinda impressed, it's fresh but not gaudy, it's new and conpletely different but still looks like ND

Not a fan of gold numbers on white jerseys because of legibility issues, but at least this year they'll actually look like Notre Dame.

They're really nothing special. But at least they're not ugly and that's what counts

They're really nothing special. But at least they're not ugly and that's what counts

Hell, that pushes them toward the top of 2013's college uniforms. "We found a not-ugly one!"

I'm a fan.

I do have one observation, though, regarding the shamrocks on the uniform. The stem on all of the shamrocks turns rightward except for the one on the right side of the helmet, which goes the other way. So the stacked helmet/sleeve shamrocks on the left side match, while those on the right side face in opposing directions.

9117831.jpeg

It could be argued that the helmet 'rocks are both conveying forward motion (about as much motion as can be conveyed by a shamrock), it is just interesting that the same treatment was not be given to both sleeve 'rocks.

It is simply an observation, but necessarily one that bothers me. Go Irish.

Love the Irish, but "Overkill" on the gold!

ND2013unis60_zps1f501045.jpg

I would have loved to see more green used, but overall these are not bad at all. Finally something from Adidas that isn't garbage!

The back numbers seem a little low, and the shamrock on the helmet would look better in green. With that said, I still really like this.

Not concerned at all about the gold on white numerals. There will be plenty of contrast since the gold is a darker shade, the dark green outline, as well as the material difference.

Although, I commend Adidas for doing something more conservative for the "Shamrock Series", especially after the monstrocity last year, it just seems they can't produce a really striking/iconic/good uniform. This is by far their best one yet, but it just seems like they arent accomplishing what they are intending. I love that they tend to throw back to classic uniforms, but they dont seem to capture and update the look like Nike or UnderArmor has.

I think a lot of it has to do with the actual uniform template, i.e. the cuts and fits. The second has to do with presentation. Nike has the ability to make it cool yet intimidating. Adidas just doesn't have their feel to them.

I strongly dislike Notre Dame, but I absolutely love those uniforms and think that is the best unveil video I have ever seen.

That guy doing the weird dancing thing was kinda...weird, and too much. But for the most part it was pretty cool. Tight song.