LSU Trademarks New Logo

Chicageaux

Simple and nice. How long will it take high school teams to steal this logo?

As soon as some student manager of a HS football team comes to this site and right clicks.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is genius for polos and the like. That frat bros will be all over this.

Most definitely. A lot of Southern schools have "fratty" or "high-end" logo apparel for polos, though LSU's is the first (to my knowledge) to be officially the property of the school (as opposed to licensing agreements with other schools/manufacturers).

This "trend" really took off with the popularity of Vineyard Vines whale apparel. Definitely a good business move for LSU, so you'd expect to see more "premium/classy" logos developed in-house going forward with other schools.

Some examples for Alabama (not sure on the licensing specifics):

"Elephant Wear"

Another "Elephant Wear"

Generic elephant

I like the logo.

And on the point of repetitive college nicknames, at least most college nicknames have a history behind them instead of a "name the team" contest like modern professional expansion teams. For example, the Missouri Tigers are named after armed guards who defended Columbia during the Civil War.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

So it's the Munsingwear Penguin for bayou folk. Gotcha.

Actually, we've had that for years:

Perlis_Logo.jpg

Personally, I like the new apparel logo. It's a little more business friendly than say the tiger eye logo or toonces.

Proud to say I own several Perlis shirts including the striped Mardis Gras polo. Awesome store!

Back on topic though, I really like this apparell mark. UGA has an old hand drawn bulldog logo the higher end apparell stores use. Like somebody else said, its more buisness friendly than the main logo.

And yes, the Greeks will be all over this. I wouldn't be surprised if this starts a trend in the larger colleges.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

I bet they would.

Maybe I should have been more descriptive, "the deep south." I wasn't trying to take anything away from any other school, just saying how the school used to look upon itself.

As a proud Yankee, the hilarity of seeing the South and prestigous military insitiutions being mentioned in the same statement exposed a wide open target for a barrage of jokes. I opted to go a more civil route and abstain as I believe there may be some sensitivity around the subject as there's no use starting another pointless war.

I bet they would.

Maybe I should have been more descriptive, "the deep south." I wasn't trying to take anything away from any other school, just saying how the school used to look upon itself.

As a proud Yankee, the hilarity of seeing the South and prestigous military insitiutions being mentioned in the same statement exposed a wide open target for a barrage of jokes. I opted to go a more civil route and abstain as I believe there may be some sensitivity around the subject as there's no use starting another pointless war.

Cool story, bro. Hope to read more long posts where you want to make a joke but don't.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm surprised, because I hate LSU, but I'm really liking this. It's simple, straight to the point and doesn't have a 1930s-slopiness feel to it like the current helmet logo.

LSU has trademarked a new Tigers logo for men's and women's clothing that is beginning to show up around Baton Rouge. The small striped tiger, similar to a Polo horse, is intended to be a subtle "fashion mark" for those who may not want to wear the LSU letters emblazoned across their clothing, says Brian Hommel, director of LSU trademark licensing.

via: http://www.businessreport.com/article/20130805/BUSINESSREPORT0112/130809905

AR-130809905.jpg?q=300&maxw=500

Fixed it. That's much better.

I wish LSU would erase the existence of this logo:1j1h046ebspvnxdl3eke9t6ja.png

No its the best logo they got
I disagree. The tiger eye logo is much better. But even if it were the "best logo" that doesn't mean it's a good logo.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived