LSU Trademarks New Logo

Chicageaux

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do LSU fans hate that logo?

Because there's nothing better to do in the Bayou? ;)

Kidding.

But yes, that logo is the best thing LSU has. The old smoosh-face Tiger logo is retarded looking. It was retarded back in nineteen-dickety-two when they created it and it's retarded today. They should update the helmets with the newer Tiger face or the new prowling Tiger. Both are tons better. Even Tiger Eyes would look better on the helmet.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Personally, I think it's way too feminine. The head by itself IS better than the full logo, but neither are acceptable IMO. I would like to see them try to modernize the round tiger logo currently on the helmets and switch from the electrical tape-looking "LSU" to the Geaux font on the helmets.

gYH2mW9.png

LSU really doesn't even have anything that strong in its College Vault collection, either. I think their best bet would just to be slightly modernize/simplify the current helmet logo.

EWvydUs.jpg

Exactly. I think modernization and clean-up of the helmet logo would be accepted by most LSU fans.

No chance you have that sheet as a pdf or vector, huh?

gYH2mW9.png

As geauxcolonels said, I think it's not just the head itself, but it reminds everybody of this:

The school itself paid a lot of money for the logo, from my understanding a ridiculous amount of money, that when the logo was revealed people were expecting.. more. It's become one of those things that I think those in the community hate anything associated with it just because everyone else does. The school has kept it though because since it's debuted, they've seen more success than any other decade in LSU history.

5136_lsu_tigers-alternate-2002.png

I feel like LSU always will have terrible logos...

It's obvious at this point, that they really don't care about the look of their set. Almost every single "traditional" college powerhouse have changed or tweated their look in the last decade...........except LSU. They have unique colors and do nothing with them.

SigReflect.png

Archived