Small details that bother you

I hate the current uniform set of my alma mater (North Texas) because of two aspects of the pant striping:

1. It comes out of no where considering there's nothing on the uniform top to "lead" to the stripe

2. Absent an association with some striping on the top, any pants striping should be a straight line

I admit, the bad look is made more pronounced when pants & top color are the same, but I could do without this striping altogether

Nice - a fellow UNT alum.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if thus is a small detail, but... I don't like when collegiate women's teams have male nicknames.

Eg:

Providence Friars ... should be Providence Nuns

Fairfield Stags ... should be Fairfield Does

Colorado State, URI, Fordham Rams .... should be Ewes

South Carolina Gamecocks .... should be SC Hens

It also works in the reverse:

University of Delaware men's teams should be the Blue Roosters, not the Blue Hens

The only school to do it correctly is Wyoming... they refer to their women teams as Cowgirls.

I dont like that because the mascot name identifies the school, not the team, and when the team wouldnt exist without the school i dont believe the name should change to make sure they are gender specific.

I think Louisiana Tech also had different nicknames. Men are the Bulldogs, and Women are the Lady Techsters. At least, they used to be.
The University of Alberta has the Golden Bears(men) and Pandas(women) don't know why.

Central Arkansas Bears / Sugar Bears

McNeese St. Cowboys / Cowgirls

Oklahoma St. Cowboys / Cowgirls

Hawai'i Rainbow Warriors / Rainbow Wahine

USC Trojans / Women of Troy

Just a few off the top of my head

Would tennessee lady vols count?

Can't believe I registered this username in 2006 according to my login but never got back to the forums to post. I know I used to post ages ago but have no idea what name that was under... LOL Well I'll make my 1st post and list mine. Some of which have been mentioned already.

Football teams that wear all white on the road (teams at home like the Dolphins get a pass but ONLY if they wear colored pants on the road).

Football teams that wear blank helmets or helmets with numbers instead of logos (I could also include all these chrome/matte POS but I guess that's gone from small details to everybody wants to have 16 different versions so they don't count).

Carolina Panthers helmet, shoulder, and pants stripes all different color patters. Pick one set pattern and repeat it through the uniform.

Football teams wearing gray facemasks that have no gray in their team colors. Really, it's not 1970 so it's OK to paint them school colors now...

Colts wearing a single helmet stripe when everything else is double striped (and the gray facemask of course). If you can even call those things on the shoulders stripes anymore.

The NY Giants road jersey stripes not matching the pants. Please go to a red-gray-blue-gray-red pattern to make it look better.

The Browns reversing the pants stripes back to orange-brown-orange instead of the brown-orange-brown that looked much better.

The Atlanta Braves not learning from Oakland and making the "A" on their road hat either solid red or red with a white outline instead of keeping it only white.

The Brewers jersey font/tail only reaching to the buttons instead of continuing to the beginning of the "B". I guess to match with the logo where it can't. But if you're going to tilt it might as well extend that all the way.

The way the "O" is split in the Colorado Rockies road jerseys. Split it as Colo & rado and don't split the second "O".

MLB teams (not counting Yankees home, Blue Jays, Tigers home, Cubs home) that don't put front numbers on their jerseys. It looks way too unbalanced without them. See Marlins, Diamondbacks, etc.

The Tigers not at least outlining the numbers on the back of the home jersey in orange.

The Cardinals very rarely using the navy road caps that looked much better.

Baseball teams that have headspoon striping or pant striping and no matching sleeve striping (Tigers, Red Sox home, etc).

Red Sox not wearing any red outlining on the road.

And the last one I can think of for now...

San Francisco Giants not only having 2 road uniforms when the "San Francisco" one is all they need (with front numbers of course). But also both of those road grays have black headspoon striping while the rest of the sleeve and pants striping is orange-black-orange. Either make the rest of the striping black and drop the orange to match the headspoon or add orange to the headspoon to match the rest of the striping.

I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am!!!

Ironically, where I hadn't felt like digging around for images when I'd thrown in my two cents, now I don't feel like quoting myself. Being mercurial is weird. Anyways, the abridged version: Softball scripts with SOFTBALL or FASTPITCH on the tail. Just say no.

4fc8063c40767.preview-620.jpg

Union Grove HS, basically smack in the middle of Racine County...and I probably won't be alone in thinking "wow...that 'Softball' script does NOT need to be there."

314d9da2-c25d-5b43-8b8d-fcf26ba4c412.pre

...and then my alma mater, Case HS, with a large helping of black for black's sake (our colors are forest green and gold...and I aint dipping into that acronym soup if I can help it). Once again, the tail would've been better served being text free...that, or RACINE CASE (even though "Racine" isn't officialy in our school's name, there are some things just Case is too short for. Bothers me a bit, but whatchagonnado.)

Far as the Delaware Blue Hens...well, the Blue hen is the proper name for that particular species of chicken IIRC, regardless of gender.

And as far as the SF Giants go, the SAN FRANCISCO roads didn't need the piping, and it looks bad that way. I don't mind it on the SF jerseys though.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Ironically, where I hadn't felt like digging around for images when I'd thrown in my two cents, now I don't feel like quoting myself. Being mercurial is weird. Anyways, the abridged version: Softball scripts with SOFTBALL or FASTPITCH on the tail. Just say no.

4fc8063c40767.preview-620.jpg

Union Grove HS, basically smack in the middle of Racine County...and I probably won't be alone in thinking "wow...that 'Softball' script does NOT need to be there."

Never thought I'd see my alma mater's biggest rival on this website...

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Too many small details in CFL logos and uniforms have added up in a very amateurish and tacky way:

1. Montreal Alouettes - a. Very cartoony bird with grinning teeth. b. Having 'MONTREAL' on the jerseys.

2. Ottawa RedBlacks - The name has grown on me but what about "Riverjacks"? It has a logging connection.

3. Toronto Argonauts - One of the few nice sets in the league but a matching helmet stripe that's on their away navy pants would look a lot nicer.

4. Hamilton Tiger-Cats - a. Black helmets with no striping looks like a dumbed down version of the Pittsburgh Steelers. b. The new tiger logo looks very animated.

5. Winnipeg Blue Bombers - The gold away jerseys are unique but time to bring back a white jersey.

6. Saskatchewan Roughriders - Ditch those away white stripe-less helmets. A dumbed down version of the New York Jets.

7. Edmonton Eskimos - a. Time to return to the 70s/early 80s Double E. b. The away green helmets look great but let's just ditch the away helmets across the league.

8. Calgary Stampeders - a. Too much black. Black home pants and black away helmets. Time to be a red and white team again with maybe a touch of black.

9. BC Lions - Like the Argos, they have a classic look. However, they need striping BADLY. On the sleeves and especially on the helmets.

3? That's two. you may be thinking the numbers are a different color, but on the real uniforms they are not.

B+J+Upton+Victor+Martinez+Tampa+Bay+Rays

It's different, but not by that much:

3196216837_2910698538_o.jpg

I don't know if they're supposed to be the same color or not, but it's possible that due to the difference in materials, the script is a different shade than the jersey.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived