Small details that bother you

I never knew that there were three pieces to a horses mane. Learn somethin' new every day...

Maybe I should wait and let McCarthy respond, but I don't think he meant that. It was just an observation on the way the logo is drawn.

Yeah, I think you're right. My comprehension skills were not working.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never knew that there were three pieces to a horses mane. Learn somethin' new every day...

Maybe I should wait and let McCarthy respond, but I don't think he meant that. It was just an observation on the way the logo is drawn.

Yeah, I think you're right. My comprehension skills were not working.

Yeah, I meant the three pieces in the logo, not literally that horses have three orange chunks of hair for a mane.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed this last night watching the game.

It bothers me that this:

seqwwgbjf0ihqeeu7w8i95s5g.gif

is Florida State's logo, but this:

chief_osceola_920_medium.jpg

is the logo at the 50. The site doesn't even list the 50-yard line logo as an official logo.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Bothers me how small the shoulder patches on the Florida Panthers jerseys are. Noticed it on their current set but looking back it seems it's always been that small. A quick survey of my jersey collection has it as the smallest by far.

this should give you an idea about what BlueSky was talking about

2013-09-07_17-31-04_791_20130907235801_3

Beauty example from our Junior B hockey league. Teams were required to put names on the backs of their jerseys. Rather than lose sponsor revenue, the Niagara Falls Canucks took this:

-31641_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

and ended up with this:

1297385735291_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

10278179226_06decce2e5.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Georgia's football helmet's bug me because of the lack of a black stripe down the middle. There's black on the pants, black on the jerseys, black in the "G" logo, but only a lone white stripe down the middle.

20120929_lbm_av3_503.0_standard_352.0.jp

Has this helmet ever been used? It looks much better, although I'd reverse the stripes and go black-white-black...

uga-black-mask1.jpg

Georgia's football helmet's bug me because of the lack of a black stripe down the middle. There's black on the pants, black on the jerseys, black in the "G" logo, but only a lone white stripe down the middle.

Has this helmet ever been used? It looks much better, although I'd reverse the stripes and go black-white-black...

uga-black-mask1.jpg

That helmet was used in a bowl game in 1991 or 1992 against Arkansas I think(?) The Champ Bailey days had the black stripe down the helmet with the white facemask. I think the black in the logo is enough to match the rest of the uniform. Not having black in the stripe doesn't bother me that much. If there was no black in the logo then it'd be stupid.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

^

hmm

that's a bit of a stretch I would say

if it was solid it would more be in tune with the side stripes that go up to the collarbone and down to the top of the knee

its not a stretch at all, that is what i alway thought even when it first came out when i was a kid, it was the coolest thing to me.

It might be a mane to you, but it'd probably the most abstract mane ever...so abstract that Picasso would be impressed with your artistic interpretation.

You see what you want to see, I guess...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

^

hmm

that's a bit of a stretch I would say

if it was solid it would more be in tune with the side stripes that go up to the collarbone and down to the top of the knee

its not a stretch at all, that is what i alway thought even when it first came out when i was a kid, it was the coolest thing to me.

Not to offend your inner child's imagination or anything, but I always just assumed the split was to accommodate the center ridge on old Riddell helmets.

It bothers me that this:

is the logo at the 50. The site doesn't even list the 50-yard line logo as an official logo.

It's probably a version of the logo they only use for paint recreations, as the official would be very hard to paint on a field.

Also, Georgia's helmet is beautiful as it is (I'd say top 5, or at least top 10 in college football). There's no need to add a black stripe or face mask.

jNTsTyQ.png

uga-black-mask1.jpg

I think the white and black stripes look really good.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

It bothers me that this:

It's probably a version of the logo they only use for paint recreations, as the official would be very hard to paint on a field.

I'm sure it would, but couldn't they just get a giant stencil and fill it in accordingly?

EDIT: On second thought, perhaps not. I guess I never really noticed all the small details there.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I can't stop noticing the number placement on the back of the Nuggets' skyline uniforms. Every player's number seems to sit just slightly different in relation to the horizontal stripes.

Thank you for something that cannot be unseen.

thundersignature.png

and

sport-scarf_bucs_zpsc424092b.png

It almost appears to be in relation to the length of their last name, for example Koufos' and McGee's number sit higher up, while Iguodala's and Gallinari's sit lower due to the name arching down further

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

uga-black-mask1.jpg

That helmet was used in a bowl game in 1991 or 1992 against Arkansas I think(?) The Champ Bailey days had the black stripe down the helmet with the white facemask. I think the black in the logo is enough to match the rest of the uniform. Not having black in the stripe doesn't bother me that much. If there was no black in the logo then it'd be stupid.

I preferred that helmet to the single white striped helmet even though that is the more classic Georgia helmet. I thought it brought the entire look together.

bailey2.jpgPEACHBOWL-UGA-VS-UVA-1_302142-225x300.jp

Champ-Bailey-Superman.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

Has anyone ever noticed that the NY Giants "ny" logo thats on the front of the helmet is the only place where its White outlined in Blue? The Giants style guide says both the "ny" and the GIANTS logo are always either blue or white with or without a red outline (actually an inner-stroke). But on the front of the helmet is the only place where the logo is White outlined in Blue.

Also, on the front of the road white jersey is the only place the logo is red. Again its always supposed to be white or blue with or without a red stroke.

EDIT: You know in looking back at different pictures it looks like the front helemt ny has changed colors.. This year its blue, last year it was actually red at least on some players.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived