Small details that bother you

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has probably already been said, but I don't want to go through 24 pages so I apologize, but watching the games yesterday reminded me of it.

It really bothers me when teams that have helmet logos at midfield have the ear hole colored in, instead of being empty.

Colts_Wide_2.png

6596078.jpg

I don't know why it bothers me, it just does.

6475245345_32838ea829_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's something else that bothers me

11721781.jpg

I wish the 3 stripes was just one solid stripe...I think it would look way better

I agree. I've never liked those three stripes. Am I nuts for suggesting that the Broncos should do away with the stripes altogether and go with just the logos on a solid navy helmet?

1) the Calgary Flames Alberta and Canadian flag shoulder patches. I somewhat respect its uniqueness and originality but come on, the Alberta flag is BLUE, I cant stand seeing the complete opposite color on a uniform that doesn't use it! The Canadian flag is a little more acceptable, although it still annoys me greatly when I think about it. Why have a maple leaf on your uniform when you'[re the Flames? The Flames aren't the only Canadian team in the league, leave the patriotic maple leaf and Canadian pride for Toronto and Montreal !

CalgaryFlames4_zps5b918d79.jpg

fotih31tn5r345nufo5xxayh3.gif

The fact that the Carolina Hurricanes logo still has black and silver despite hardly using black in their home uniforms (only on their collars) and not a single touch of silver! The road uniforms have black piping, but what's the point? They got rid of so much black on their home uniforms that they should just eliminate it and go red & white, or red & white & silver.

4561_carolina_hurricanes-home-2014.png

A logo like this and uniforms without any black would look far better .....

CarolinaHurricans_zps80f59015.png

Speaking of Hurricanes, that hard curve just above the left center has always bothered me. It feels so forced, and looks weird.

Maybe it's done intentionally to resemble a puck?

Speaking of Hurricanes, that hard curve just above the left center has always bothered me. It feels so forced, and looks weird.

Hmm, I suppose... I never really noticed that before, although the curve to the bottom right kind of kills that illusion.

Hmm, I suppose... I never really noticed that before, although the curve to the bottom right kind of kills that illusion.
Its an abstract representation it isn't meant to be 100% like thee real thing

Its an abstract representation it isn't meant to be 100% like thee real thing

I just noticed that the inner red and the black around it are overlapping. Ew.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

After watching last Pacers' game I can add a lack of first name initial in case of two players with the same last name on a roster (e.g. George and Solomon Hill). I'm also not a fan of Hardaway Jr. I always considered Jr. to be a part of the first name.

I find those instances contradictory and this is what bothers me. I mean, T. Hardaway never played for the Knicks so there is no point in differentiating between them, especially because there used to be a third Hardaway in the league. In addition, no one expects something similar from the sons carrying a different first name from their fathers.

I suppose that abandoning player's initials might have something to do with jersey sales, similarly to limiting jersey number changes.

Colorado Rapids 5280 usage. 5280 being the distance in feet of a mile, significant to Denver, the mile high city.

Yet the Rapids are named Colorado and reside in Commerce City.

If you want to use 5280 symbolisim then call yourself Denver and actually be based in Denver.

5280_jersey.jpg

Archived