Small details that bother you

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always thought the concept of helmet stickers was silly, regardless of the school.

I like the Ohio State Buckeye stickers and the Florida State tomahawk stickers but all of the others just seem forced.

I agree, Ohio State and Florida State are the only ones that should do helmet stickers

It irritates me when football players wear numbers that aren't designated to their position according to the NFL rulebook. I used to dislike my high school junior QB because his practise jersey was #20. It also pissed me off that since I was a 2nd string receiver on offense, I wore 14, even though I was a starting linebacker. It may not be a design issue, but it is a detail that bothers me.

It irritates me when football players wear numbers that aren't designated to their position according to the NFL rulebook. I used to dislike my high school junior QB because his practise jersey was #20. It also pissed me off that since I was a 2nd string receiver on offense, I wore 14, even though I was a starting linebacker. It may not be a design issue, but it is a detail that bothers me.

Are there any NFL players today that wear numbers that go against the rules? I know Keyshawn Johnson wore #19 back when receivers were limited to 80-89 and he paid a fine each week. Are there any today doing that? As for your #14, if you were playing both sides of the ball, you were going to have to have a number out of range for one position or the other, no?

For what it's worth, I preferred when the NFL limited receivers to numbers in the 80s, before they added 10-19. Supposedly the rule was changed because teams had retired too many numbers in the 80s.

devin-gardner-98.jpg

Well, high school and college ball don't use the NFL's number rules. Only rule, really, is 50 through 79 are ineligible to catch passes on offense, and two guys can't wear the same number at the same damn time. Other than that, you can wear whatever number you want. That said, one of my old teammates, I'm pretty sure he wished 66 was an eligible number. I liked the guy, but an o-lineman, he was not.

I know one thing, this pic shoulda been posted:

528e9ce4911b2.image.jpg

Simply for the irony of a nose tackle wearing a QB number chasing around a QB wearing a DL number.

For what it's worth, I preferred when the NFL limited receivers to numbers in the 80s, before they added 10-19. Supposedly the rule was changed because teams had retired too many numbers in the 80s.

Think about it this way: most NFL teams have two or three QBs, one punter and one kicker, who can choose between 1 and 19. Your average team will also have 5-7 receivers and 2-3 tight ends. Meaning 7-10 guys choosing between 10 numbers versus five guys picking among 19 numbers, and this isn't even taking into consideration retired numbers, or teams like the Cowboys reserving certain numbers only for potential stars.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

devin-gardner-98.jpg

I wanna throw something at my T.V when I see Devin Gardner wearing 98, it annoys the :censored: out of me.

devin-gardner-98.jpg

I wanna throw something at my T.V when I see Devin Gardner wearing 98, it annoys the :censored: out of me.
Coincidentally, anytime I see Michigan State on TV I feel the same way.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Michigan State Spartan's Redskin spear stickers:

They looked like plucked chicken skin and gives me goose bumps:

Most importantly, it makes no sense. The spartans used spears but they probably weren't using feathers on them and they apparently weren't for throwing.

Now a shield with a lambda- that would make sense.

Sorry if it's already been mentioned but I hate how Auburn can't unify their stripe pattern. Has there been any explanation as to why they can't use a consistent stripe pattern from helmet, to jersey, to pants?

And why does their helmet logo have an orange outline yet their numerals don't? Consistency makes for better design.

large_burns-leap-blog.jpg

That's long bothered me about Auburn's uniforms, but I'd consider that a huge detail.

Also, whoever it is they're playing in that picture (Tennessee Martin, I think) appears to have the exact same problem.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Yeah northwestern stripes are a little more elegant and more befitting of Auburn than the block stripes you used. Plus, you can't change Auburn's helmet at this point.

Would've been easier just to match the pants to the sleeves and helmet.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Sorry if it's already been mentioned but I hate how Auburn can't unify their stripe pattern. Has there been any explanation as to why they can't use a consistent stripe pattern from helmet, to jersey, to pants?

And why does their helmet logo have an orange outline yet their numerals don't? Consistency makes for better design.

Looks like the other team has a pretty much identical problem regarding pants and helmets.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived