kevsim1

Small details that bother you

It's the under armor template. all under armour teams do it.

Florida_State_Boston_College_Football.JP

you would think they could figure out a way to alter the template so the stripes are straight like every other manufacturer can.

I actually kind of like it. To me, Under Armour has really picked up their game. I love Maryland's, BC's, Northwestern's, Hawaii's, and Texas Tech's uniform. They are slower becoming a much better designer then nike and adidas.

I actually kind of like it. To me, Under Armour has really picked up their game. I love Maryland's, BC's, Northwestern's, Hawaii's, and Texas Tech's uniform. They are slower becoming a much better designer then nike and adidas.

ill agree, their designs are better than adidas, and just below nike, but i just wish they could fix the pant stripes, they weren't meant to be cut off like that.

The pacers side striping had to be mentioned by now... But damn. Why?!?!

The blue and the white sets have mismatching shorts/jersey trim...

york-knicks-v-indiana-pacers-20130518-20

But it matches on the yellow set...

nba_u_george_gb1_400.jpg

Another annoying aspect of the Pacers' look: the side panels are only filled in on the white jerseys.

The pacers side striping had to be mentioned by now... But damn. Why?!?!

The blue and the white sets have mismatching shorts/jersey trim...

But it matches on the yellow set...

Colorwerx pointed it out a while back, thats one of his favorite things to point out lol.

I think it's bad how the Canucks jersey striping is too thin compared to the sock striping. It should be fixed...

452777817_slide.jpg

How the numbers on the blue jerseys have a silver outline

tombrady1.jpg

But the middle outline is white on the white jerseys

20120111__patriots-tom-brady-011112b~p1.

tombrady1.jpg

yes it should be silver on both, and i always thought it was until i bought a white jersey this past year

The arbitrary curves in an otherwise block font

12_zpsef34df9b.png

that reminds me of this:

32.jpg

ever since the curved 's' was pointed out to me, I can not unsee it.

tombrady1.jpg

yes it should be silver on both, and i always thought it was until i bought a white jersey this past year

The Ravens had the same issue in 96...the purple jersey's numbers were white outlined in black and gold...

Testaverde_Vinny_Ravens.jpg

but the white jersey's numbers were purple outlined in white and black.

Vinny%2BTestaverde1.jpg

A friend of mine had a replica road from that year, and that always bugged me.

tombrady1.jpg

The Pats' uniforms are full of annoying small details.

- The jerseys' side piping that is thinner than the outline of the pants stripes

- The fact that the number font was ripped off from Northwestern

- The three stripes that appear on their white socks but not their navy socks

- Their old wordmark still being on the jerseys

Just a visually grating uniform that looked thrown together haphazardly when it was unveiled and hasn't aged well.

Really liked the 2012 Broncos' collars, but in 2013 few noticed they changed them to come all the way around. This wouldn't be awful if the collar didn't look so bulky now and the flywire wasn't so noticeable! Also, most promo materials still use 2012 images, especially the networks who air games.

ThomasCollar_crop_north.png?w=630&h=420&

nike_montee2.jpg

1377547194000-montee-ball.jpg

Glad I got my Manning jersey last year with the polo collar, now it's a rare piece of history! lol

Louisville's basketball court really bothers me, mostly the paint. The way the AAC logo is facing the camera instead of facing the way it used to be while 'ville was with the Big East.

cool_zps114240e3.jpg

Compared to

cool_zpsb65101e0.jpg

It irritates me when football players wear numbers that aren't designated to their position according to the NFL rulebook. I used to dislike my high school junior QB because his practise jersey was #20. It also pissed me off that since I was a 2nd string receiver on offense, I wore 14, even though I was a starting linebacker. It may not be a design issue, but it is a detail that bothers me.

Are there any NFL players today that wear numbers that go against the rules? I know Keyshawn Johnson wore #19 back when receivers were limited to 80-89 and he paid a fine each week. Are there any today doing that? As for your #14, if you were playing both sides of the ball, you were going to have to have a number out of range for one position or the other, no?

For what it's worth, I preferred when the NFL limited receivers to numbers in the 80s, before they added 10-19. Supposedly the rule was changed because teams had retired too many numbers in the 80s

Sorry about the blank comment, I'm new to this. Anyways, yes. Devin Hester(Bears) wears #23 because he was listed as CB initially, before playing WR. I'm not sure why, but Dexter McCluster(Chiefs) wears #22, while playing WR. And yes, I played 3 out of 8 games at WR, so I was in range on offense.

Dexter McCluster was a RB when he came into the league. Or at least a RB/WR. He had over 100 carries his second year.

It will be interesting to see what number Hester wears next, though. I don't think he's been on the field on offense at all this year, so maybe he'll be allowed to wear #23 since his only position is a returner.

I'm my teams 3rd string QB, but I play WR as well, so I wear 21. Im used at QB only on shotgun plays and when we need to gain a couple of yards. If eveyrthing goes well, I may play college ball at Geulph next year.