Small details that bother you

What's the point of shooting sleeves anyway?

It helps players with injuries, Allen Iverson was the first to wear one, and that was only because of a elbow problem. But it soon became a fashion statement. It also helps cover up any horrible tattoos :P .

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised you noticed the lack of piping. I'm too busy staring at how beautiful those jerseys are.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

There was a bit of that going on with the Phillies cap and helmet logos circa late 60s...

1970%2BTopps%2BDick%2BAllen%2BPhillies.p

Off topic, but the Phillies cap logo from the 60s is sooo much better than the current one.

pMLB2-3537670reg.jpg

I really wish they would go back to the 50s-60s look. The current one feels "bubbly" (Especially the number font) and if it weren't for the beautiful shade of red and blue they use, it would be so dated.

Not really a small detail, but it reeeeeeeeeeeeeally bugs me when teams use one letter to represent themselves, but instead of the name of the city, they go with the team name.

Eg. 403.gif. We know they're Bengals by the stripes, we don't need a giant B. It should be a C for Cincinnati.

I know this is funny coming from a Habs fan.

Also, the fact that the CAPITALS logo is in lower case lettering. Yes, I know that it's a completely different definition of the word, but still.

Pretty sure they couldn't use a giant orange 'C' since Chicago also uses a giant orange 'C' Last thing the NFL needs is two teams using two similar logos.

Yes I suppose a giant, bold tiger-striped C would get easily confused with the Bears' fishbone C.

sig.png

sorry if this had already been posted....

but i hate when NBA players wear 2 shooting sleeves at the same time. I like the look of 1 sleeve (yes i know it does nothing for the player) but it looks cool to me, but wearing 2 just looks ridiculous

when-dwight-steps-to-the-line-kobe-needs

1585dsg.jpg

Combine that look with short sleeve jerseys

Jared-Sullinger-Cover-Slide.jpg

I love the Braves, but the length of the line between the "a" and the "v" on the current home uniforms as well as the previous red uniforms has always bothered me.

7692930.jpg

atl-13-redwhite-2-620x777.jpg

I wish it was more like the batting practice uniforms.

hi-res-b7c0afb4e8b983a89405c4ca17e7ff5d_

Or the two new alternates if the tomahawk was added.

2014-braves-military-jersey.png?w=420&h=

120202uniforms-003.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

the team name "texas stars" in the AHL.

not sure if that counts for this thread, but here is why it bugs me:

obviously, they aren't the only AHL team in texas, so having Texas play against San Antonio is a bit weird.

It gets even weirder when you realize that the texas stars are the farm team of the dallas stars... making it seem like dallas is greater than texas, rather than PART of texas.

that said, i wouldn't want the Dallas Stars to be the Texas Stars, and the AHL team to be the Cedar Park/Austin Stars, either... I think Dallas Stars and Austin Stars would work best.

The Habs white jerseys bother me in their blandness.

I can respect the tradition, but I agree they should be changed. They should at least have the striping to match the red jersey. They should also get a regular alternate for the rotation. Something like this pic would be amazing.

1001-justinwiltron-mtl.png?__SQUARESPACE

• 2 weeks later...

Something that I have never understood is the Mets retired numbers. I understand the Mets went through the late 90s and the whole 2000s with this black phase where black was a primary color for the team. Thankfully in 2012 they got rid of the black and stuck to their blue and orange. However, the retired numbers in left field did not get the message. I am 100% sure that Gil Hodges, Tom Seaver, and Casey Stengel did not have a black trim on their respective 14, 41, and 37. But the Mets still have the black trim on their numbers and it annoys the :censored: out of me. I don't mind the Shea with the black trim that much, but the numbers HAVE TO change.

261n2n5.jpg

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

I love the Braves, but the length of the line between the "a" and the "v" on the current home uniforms as well as the previous red uniforms has always bothered me.

7692930.jpg

atl-13-redwhite-2-620x777.jpg

I wish it was more like the batting practice uniforms.

hi-res-b7c0afb4e8b983a89405c4ca17e7ff5d_

Or the two new alternates if the tomahawk was added.

2014-braves-military-jersey.png?w=420&h=

120202uniforms-003.JPG

Never, ever noticed that before.

F*** YOU!

Archived