Small details that bother you

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Vikings' uniforms should not bother me as much as they do, but all the little ways that Nike tried to make them more modern really bug me. Matte helmets are very hit-or-miss with me, and I don't really think they work at all here, especially since the glossy finish they'd had for years was so much better. The black facemask isn't that big an issue, but it's still BFBS. The number font drives me crazy. I'd prefer that the Vikings just use a standard block font instead, but the font they went with was not that bad - if you only take the right digit. Serifs don't usually work on a sports uniform, and the inconsistency between each digit was a very bad idea. The sleeve stripe is very well done up front, but the weird horn thing it does on the back just does not look good. The pants stripe suffers another problem with asymmetry. The yellow stripe is too thin, and the thin extra purple stripe they added to have consistency with the purple pants (I think?) is really unnecessary.

Really, the designers had their heads in the right place, but they just didn't execute it properly. Apologies for making this closer to a rant than a comment or two on "small details."

PattersonBleacherFeature.jpg

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC DallasMinnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -

The Mariners couldn't give Lloyd McClendon a retro hooded sweatshirt?

BoclU77CMAA3Bj0.jpg

I think he wanted to cover up the pullover with something that actually looks good.
He wears it when the Mariners wear button-front shirts, so I guess he wants to cover those up too.

I don't know if anybody has mentioned this (I didn't feel like sifting through 33 pages) but, it really bothers me how the Baltimore Orioles primary logo isn't used on there uniforms at all. Their logo should just be the cartoon bird.

Why this?...

lty880yrmrra64y6tqfqmdnbf.png

Instead of this?...

8190_baltimore_orioles-alternate-2012.pn

Look at the Unis...

6fgz1qmjsywth4el95t6n9jol.png

Also it bugs me how the cartoon birds mouth doesn't connect and how elongated the cap bill is. Man I have a lot of problems with the O's. Speaking of that, I really hated that "O's" cap logo that too bugged me very much.

NEWSGG copy.png

Archived