Small details that bother you

There's so many to name, but I think my one of my biggest is how the sock stripes on the Leafs unis don't match the rest of the set's stripes, nor anything on the uniform considering the extra outline. It matched a little more with the outlined numbers, but those were awful.

Washington Nationals/Montreal Expos: 45 Years, no World Series or pennant.

Chicago Bears: 1 NFL championship in the last 50 years.

When will my teams' futility end?

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, I prefer the old helmet logo and wish they made it the cap logo too.

I mean this with respect, but your opinions as a whole have always made me think "God, really?". Not meaning it as any disrespect, at all. You've always seemed to bring different opinions to the conversation. :lol:

I'm all for the Bravos getting rid of the bloated "A".

England are currently playing Peru in a World Cup warm up match - now, the squad has been announced along with the numbers they'll wear in Brazil.

However, tonight's match isn't at a tournament and so isn't bound by tournament rules on squad numbering. Our starting XI should therefore be wearing 1-11, instead we have players prancing around in 20 and 14. This displeases me greatly, and is currently distracting me from drooling over Peru's new kit.

I don't agree. I like it when players have permament numbers. It only annoys me when they choose something over 23 (e.g. Piszczek 26, Anelka 39) for friendlies/qualification and then they are forced to change again. I think permanent numbers might also help casual fans to recognize players better.

Because Warrior.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

FWIW, I prefer the old helmet logo and wish they made it the cap logo too.

I mean this with respect, but your opinions as a whole have always made me think "God, really?". Not meaning it as any disrespect, at all. You've always seemed to bring different opinions to the conversation. :lol:

I'm all for the Bravos getting rid of the bloated "A".

For real. I can't understand how anyone could prefer the thick A unless you're just a born contarian.

PvO6ZWJ.png

2ly1xko.jpg

Why does Liverpool have all these random lines running across their uniform? I'll never understand why a club like Liverpool would choose catalogue-esque kits like these.

Considering no team has a kit with lines like that from warrior it is not a catalogue uniform, warrior designs original designs for Liverpool, last years away and alts weren't good but as long as the homes are red i wont complain

2ly1xko.jpg

Why does Liverpool have all these random lines running across their uniform? I'll never understand why a club like Liverpool would choose catalogue-esque kits like these.

Considering no team has a kit with lines like that from warrior it is not a catalogue uniform, warrior designs original designs for Liverpool, last years away and alts weren't good but as long as the homes are red i wont complain

I said catalogue-esque, not actually catalogue uniforms. They appear to resemble catalogue uniforms, not actual catalogue uniforms.

• 2 weeks later...

orioles2012lec.JPGCCPBHSL_BO.jpgpMLB2-11543488dt.jpg

It bothers me how they think the white panel and brim need to connect on the batting helmet. On the old helmet, the panel stretched back to connect with the brim, but on the new version it would have actually been an improvement to make it look like the actual cap imo.

I'm not sure if this is what you're referring to, and if not, this is off-topic, but the shape of the Orioles' white panel was different in the 70s and 80s...

33.eddie-murray.jpg

The Orioles, Blue Jays, Braves, Mariners, Twins, had the triangular shaped panel while the Brewers and Expos had the shape depicted in the mini helmet in the previous post. The Padres were unique in that they used a very small triangle.

80-445Fr.jpg

Sports Products, the company that manufactured the souvenir helmets in the 60s through the 90s, used the same template for all teams, including the Brewers and Padres, which meant those teams were not accurate...

padres5.JPG

I don't know if anybody has mentioned this (I didn't feel like sifting through 33 pages) but, it really bothers me how the Baltimore Orioles primary logo isn't used on there uniforms at all. Their logo should just be the cartoon bird.

Why this?...

lty880yrmrra64y6tqfqmdnbf.png

Instead of this?...

8190_baltimore_orioles-alternate-2012.pn

Look at the Unis...

6fgz1qmjsywth4el95t6n9jol.png

Also it bugs me how the cartoon birds mouth doesn't connect and how elongated the cap bill is. Man I have a lot of problems with the O's. Speaking of that, I really hated that "O's" cap logo that too bugged me very much.

Because the top logo looks much better than that awful cartoon bird does. They need to keep the current unis and go back to the black hat with the top Oriole on it and get rid of that cartoon thing and the panels.

I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am!!!

• 3 years later...

Hopefully resurrecting this thread instead of starting a duplicate was the right call, but I just noticed that many of the shoulder numbers on the Dolphins' throwbacks have "blocks" of orange, instead of orange outlines around the white. I'm not sure how common this is among other teams, but I think it looks sloppy.

Seems like the rounder numbers all have it

Buffalo_Dolphins_Football_4.JPG

47 is beautiful

gettyimages-900116736.jpg

The 3s are kinda halfway awkwardly done:

26_8002773.jpg

It's wherever they'd actually have to 'cut out' a part of the orange.

Example - with the 3, the outline of the whole number connects to itself - meaning the center part of the 3 is so close to the top and bottom left part that the outline touches, so they'd need to "cut out" little squares inside to show the aqua.

In your second photo, both the 4 and 7 have this issue - surprised you didn't notice.

With the 4, the inside isn't cut out.  With the 7, the outline around the serif part would touch that of the diagonal part, so there's an awkward large piece of orange on the underside of the top of the 7. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

THe Flyers used to have that issue too back in the day.

Usually teams will use thinner outlines on the smaller numbers to avoid it.  Also, modern cutting methods might make it possible to avoid the solid color blocks, but I kinda think it would look even more cluttered to cut them out.

dd2b719a631305a7.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Hopefully resurrecting this thread instead of starting a duplicate was the right call, but I just noticed that many of the shoulder numbers on the Dolphins' throwbacks have "blocks" of orange, instead of orange outlines around the white. I'm not sure how common this is among other teams, but I think it looks sloppy.

Seems like the rounder numbers all have it

Buffalo_Dolphins_Football_4.JPG

47 is beautiful

gettyimages-900116736.jpg

The 3s are kinda halfway awkwardly done:

26_8002773.jpg

The numbers are done that way because someone was paying attention when they did the research (although, they used a more modern 5, without the chamfer on the left side of the bend). :-)

120615_Powell.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It's wherever they'd actually have to 'cut out' a part of the orange.

Example - with the 3, the outline of the whole number connects to itself - meaning the center part of the 3 is so close to the top and bottom left part that the outline touches, so they'd need to "cut out" little squares inside to show the aqua.

In your second photo, both the 4 and 7 have this issue - surprised you didn't notice.

With the 4, the inside isn't cut out.  With the 7, the outline around the serif part would touch that of the diagonal part, so there's an awkward large piece of orange on the underside of the top of the 7. 

I did notice it's there on the 4 and 7, but I thought it was much, much more subtle. The inside of the 4 is very small, so that doesn't bother me. I zoomed in and you can see that the orange outline doesn't quite follow the serifs on the 4 and 7, but in the big picture, it looks like a regular outline. Compare that to the zero, and I think it's clear that those numbers (4 and 7) are handled much better. They're also playing against the Bills, who don't seem to have trouble getting outlines on their numbers in a same or similar font (I'm looking at the 5s, since we have both of them here).

If that's how they really did it in the 60s, then I guess throw back properly if you're going to do it at all. I'm a big fan of those uniforms, but not of that detail.

Archived