Small details that bother you

I always think of the Bruins and how their numbers always look fuzzy on TV. There's no need for yellow on black to look fuzzy. I suppose there are exceptions though...

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Cowboys' uniform set is riddled with bothersome small details, from the million different shades of blue and silver, to the green pants at home, the completely different designs on the blue jersey and the white, the random inclusion of black in the white jersey's sleeve stripes, that hideous thick number font on the white jersey, etc. It's like they were trying to make the biggest possible mess of an identity.

Yep. All of this. Couldn't agree more.

I'm probably the only one that likes the Bruins' current numbers more than the old ones. White and yellow look bad next to each other. Adding the white outline to the yellow numbers made it look too thick because you couldn't differentiate between the two colors. Adding black in between does wonders.

But that's just my opinion.

I'm probably the only one that likes the Bruins' current numbers more than the old ones. White and yellow look bad next to each other. Adding the white outline to the yellow numbers made it look too thick because you couldn't differentiate between the two colors. Adding black in between does wonders.

But that's just my opinion.

I'm with you on that.

unbuttonedtwins_zpsf3cd81e0.jpg

My apologies for the size of these pictures, but this is what I was trying to convey through words last night, when a letter or two can repeat on a baseball jersey if a player is stretching/throwing/not buttoning their jersey all the way. Drives me nuts. The Rays also have it bad:

tampabayunbuttoned_zps56f66170.jpg

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

The proportions of the helmet stripes (good) vs. the proportions of the pants stripe (bad).

nh5742542.jpg

This has bothered me for years. I don't even know why they insist on doing it that way because they had it correct during Eddie George's time.

eddie_george_1995_09_30.jpg

It's especially perplexing since they moved to sleeve stripes that are supposed to match the helmet stripes. If you're going to the trouble to match your sleeve stripes (massive downgrade BTW) why not match all three?

PvO6ZWJ.png

unbuttonedtwins_zpsf3cd81e0.jpg

My apologies for the size of these pictures, but this is what I was trying to convey through words last night, when a letter or two can repeat on a baseball jersey if a player is stretching/throwing/not buttoning their jersey all the way. Drives me nuts. The Rays also have it bad:

tampabayunbuttoned_zps56f66170.jpg

Russell came out with a neat innovation this year on the Buffalo Bisons jerseys which rectifies this issue. The jersey is actually a pullover but it still has buttons, so it looks like a traditional jersey, and then the entire script is sewn on top. Like this:

Buffalo-Bisons-New-Home-Uniform-Letterin

Personally, I think it's genius and I hope major league teams take note.

[pic deleted for space]

[pic deleted for space]

Russell came out with a neat innovation this year on the Buffalo Bisons jerseys which rectifies this issue. The jersey is actually a pullover but it still has buttons, so it looks like a traditional jersey, and then the entire script is sewn on top. Here's a pic:

Buffalo-Bisons-New-Home-Uniform-Letterin

Personally, I think it's genius and I hope major league teams take note.

Oh man, my high school's baseball team had that same uni style and I actually thought it looked softball-ish if you will...the fact that all the buttons worked as actual buttons but you couldn't unbutton it fully drove me crazy! Plus the template we got from

Russell had plenty of pointless stripes and piping which added to the softball look of it.

(sorry my post has gotten into your quote. I'm having all kinds of trouble posting on this forum, lmao)

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

It drives me crazy when the words on the baseline of a basketball court are obstructed by the media.

I also don't like when basketball teams and the NCAA feel the need to put the word basketball on the court so we don't forget what sport we're watching.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

- The Raiders not wearing black cleats

- That stupid stupid stupid way the Bills helmet stripe flares out in the back

media_6672709c8067473ebf263d8e1e07f571_t

billsunisx-large.jpg

- Colts/Jets shoulder stripes

- I hate when basketball teams have their nickname on their road jerseys instead of their city name....it should be a league rule for uniforms...you're at home, wear your nickname...you're on the road, wear your city name - and that goes for baseball too

- Wizards terrible jersey side stripe *shudders*

John+Wall+New+York+Knicks+v+Washington+W

- Flywire design on the collar on NFL uniforms

SU12_AT_NFL_UNIFORM_FLYWIRE_LIONS_origin

- The fact that NFL and colleges use only flat colors for their pants...that sheen look really made the pants look better

Minnesota+Vikings+v+Tennessee+Titans+OTJ

vs.

6858728.jpg

Notre-Dame-football-is-not-back-610x250.
vs.
130107053329-notre-dame-football-monster

Every single post on this thread I have absolutely no problem with. They're details that are too small to even notice for me. If a striping pattern is different on the pants than on the helmet, who the hell cares

You're new around here, aren't you?
I get that a lot haha but I read these forums all the time. I've concluded that 90% of people here have either extreme OCD or they just like to complain. I respect that they are uniform geeks but some of the stuff in this thread is just ridiculous

Teams that use colors in their logo that does not appear anywhere on uniforms.

Yankees-logo.gif

That's a pretty big list. With some really nice logos on it.

logos_zps10ff5919.png

A good primary logo is too big and complicated to put on a uniform. That's what secondary logos are for.

- The fact that NFL and colleges use only flat colors for their pants...that sheen look really made the pants look better

Minnesota+Vikings+v+Tennessee+Titans+OTJ

vs.

6858728.jpg

Notre-Dame-football-is-not-back-610x250.

vs.

130107053329-notre-dame-football-monster

I actually think the flat pants look better.

Teams that use colors in their logo that does not appear anywhere on uniforms.

Yankees-logo.gif

That's a pretty big list. With some really nice logos on it.

logos_zps10ff5919.png

To me that depends on the logo. What I really hate is when a team has a colour really important to their identity that isn't found anywhere in the logo. (Canucks Green, Redskins Burgundy, Chiefs Yellow, etc.)

Archived