kevsim1

Super League Hockey---- Millionaires and Governors

Championship Parade was a huge success. The Blockbusters, as promised, wore their new alternate jerseys. The crowd was certainly mixed, but frankly, who cares what they're wearing? It's Party Time! The team later released a flat, templated version.

LosANgeelsBlockbustersAlternateJersey_zp

AND REMEMBER, SCAVENGER HUNT, THIS SUNDAY THE 9TH AT EXACTLY

5:00 PM EST.

BE THERE!

Nice and busy... By no means a home, but a perfect alternate. Sweet!

Thanks Ujju. I agree, vomit-worthy as a home, but for an alt, I kinda like it. Crazy alts will sorta be a half-and-half kinda thing, along with recolours/throwbacks. It's expected that your Edmonton Frostbite's Home and Away jerseys will be shown off next, with the updated logo.

Haha! Thx Waugh! This shouldn't be ending anytime soon, so don't fret. First thread, eh? Wow, who woulda thunk it? Thanks for looking!

Will do Ujju. So if I do a 'fast-forwarded' season, I'd have a few questions.

Got some nickmames and cities for you if you want to expand. I like that Las Vegas Neon name. Fits the city to a T.

Anahiem Magic (because its the home of Disneyland)

Atlanta Knights (throwback to the 1990s IHL franchise)

Bay City Fog (San Francisco, CA is known as the city by the Bay and fog is a common sight on the Golden Gate Bridge.

Charlotte Chimps

Cleveland Jam (the city is home to the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame)

Colorado Yetis

Dallas Destruction (name sounded cool)

Detroit Cobras (they've had teams named Cougars, Vipers, and Falcons, so how about another car-themed franchise)

Houston Force (Houston is known for its energy companies)

Indianapolis X'cleration (no explanation needed here)

Kansas City Twisters (the city is in Tornado Alley)

Milwaukee Road Hogs (Harley-Davidsons are made here)

Minnesota Moose (IHL throwback)

Nashville Legends

New Orleans Ice Jesters (Mardi Gras reference)

Orlando Blast (Cape Canaveral isn't that far away)

Philadelphia Freedom

Pittsburgh Pitbulls

Saskatoon Stampede

St. Louis Explorers (Lewis & Clark reference)

San Antonio Stealth (the city is home to several US Air Force Bases

San Diego Wave (surfing is popular there)

Seattle Breakers

Tampa Bay Frenzy

Now, that's what I call super. Like my nicknames? You can design the uniforms.

Thx THF! I have actually already created the 32 team logos' first drafts, but as you said, further expansion or relocation, I'll make sure to check back here. Thanks!

As I said, the questions:

I'm thinking of, once all 24 teams are stable design-wise, we start season #2, but whip through it quickly. Each day, I'd reveal the standings after 4 or 5 more matchdays. It would still be simulating, but it would only take about 2 weeks to do the regular season. I'd be simulating by having 120 cards, half red, half white. I'd just start, say for LA, and pick up 4 cards. Ref would be a win, Black would be a loss. Still entirely 50/50 for each game. I'd just update the standings accordingly.

Now my main question would be, after if you guys are on board with it, is:

How would I get an accurate representation of Overtime games? I personally don't think that there should be a fixed # of OT games each little set of 4or5, but I dunno. What do you think?

I don't know if this is an acceptable option, but I could write a computer simulation program that would randomly generate scores, including some overtime scores. I could even make it so that teams who did well last season will have a little bit better chance of winning their games.

What cities did I list do you already have teams reserved for?

San Fran

Denver

Detroit

Houston

Nashville

Philly

Saskatoon

San Diego

Seattle

SD AND SEATTLE!!!

Indeed. 1 of them might be a love-hate sorta thing. Finished their entire set today.

EDIT: And get ready for my sig. Big day coming up.

I don't know if this is an acceptable option, but I could write a computer simulation program that would randomly generate scores, including some overtime scores. I could even make it so that teams who did well last season will have a little bit better chance of winning their games.

I'm going to very respectfully decline this. I must admit, it would probably be better, but I think I have it. We could explore future options, whether it be using something like that down the road, but I've been number crunching for a good 5 hours, and I think I have a decent feeling of how this is going to go. If anyone thinks that Eagle's option is better, please speak up.

Like I said, I've been figuring some things out. I've taken all 30 team's schedules, and made a list, for each of the 30 teams, which of their games, like game 3, 45, 57 etc., went to overtime. I had a giant list for each team. Order them, and put them all together to make a list showing,

Game 1: 4 teams went to OT

Game 2: 7 teams went to OT etc.

Since I'd be simulating 5 games at a time, I added each sequence of 5, making 56 sequences. For example, I added 1,2,3,4 and 5. 2,3,4,5 and 6. So on until 56,57,58,59 and 60. (BTW, I went up to game #60 for each team)

From there, I just use my 56 pieces of data, multiply by 0.8 (30 teams in NHL, 24 in SLH, 24/30=0.8), round up and down to the nearest whole, and calculate how many times I get the same result.

Now, I'll just put all the data into a random drawing generator, so it'll decide how many OT games there'll be. I got the number 26 9 times, so it'll go into the generator 9 times. The more times a number appears, the better chance it has to appear. Of course i have to divide by 2, since i counted all OT games, rather than just OT losses.

In theory it's accurate. Any flaws, or if you think that I'm making a mistake in brushing off Eagle, please comment!

Don't forget. Sunday at 5pm EST.

For other team ideas:

Cinncinati Rivermen

New Orleans Jesters or Gators

Portland(Maine) Beacons

Portland(Oregon) Privateers or Beavers

Tampa BayHawks

Vancouver Whalers

Fun fact: 14 NHL teams, 1 away from half, went to Overtime in their 31st game of the season.

Also, I redid Victoria's logo. Mainly, cleaning it up as my circle wasn't even close to a circle. Also, For some reason, I made it really small, so now I have a nice, big version.

Victorias_zps7f6c868b.png

I have a great Idea for their alt jersey, so stay tuned!

Big heads up here. I'm out of town tomorrow, the date of our scavenger hunt. I think that it's most fair to make sure everyone is on a level playing field as to knowing when the scavenger hunt is on, but I'll give 3 quick options

-Hold it Today at 6:30 pm EST. That's hoping that everyone who wants to participate sees this in time.

-Hold it at a later time this week. Not sure, but if that's the best option.

-Give it some time and put it off to Saturday or Sunday next weekend.