New Yahoo! logo(s)

FooMasterX5

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't expect a company that is growing more irrelevant by the day to come up with a fantastic new branding effort.

Yes, you're right, Yahoo is more irrelevant by the minute: http://www.calculator.co.uk/2013/08/comscore-yahoo-generated-more-traffic-than-google-in-july/

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Considering the crap we've seen so far (outside of a rare few) this could've been a lot worse. Just surprised at how thin the font is.

yahoo-new-logo.png

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Just to be clear, I don't think it's awful, but I think it's a little thin and I think the bevel is unnecessary and exacerbates the thinness. I'm also not a fan of the inverse curves on the edges on the Y, A, and H.

It also doesn't, in my opinion, line up with the look they've been changing their various sections to. This feels sophistic. A little traditional. I don't want to say their new stuff isn't sophisticated, but it's definitely not traditional. It's about pushing the boundaries.

I don't think this mark lines up with that.

Could certainly be worse, though.

I think one of the only reasons the former logo was at all effective was because of its staggered appearance. Otherwise, it wouldn't have character, it would simply just be text.

This is the reason I do not like many of these at all. It's like when you type up a word in MS Word and scroll through the fonts, just to see which ones you like, that's the vibe I got looking through all of these.

None of them are at all effective, to me.

I don't like the approach they've taken to most of these. Trying(?) to subdue the logo, for whatever reason, makes no sense to me.

If there is any that work, it's this one:

tumblr_inline_mrluwbnitI1qz4rgp.jpg

This one maintains the same approach as the previous version, but has a different font. The serifs were what I didn't like about the previous logo, which they've fixed with the above logo.

I also looked at each presented logo, and tried to piece together in my head what the "Y!" would look like on its own. Many don't seem like they'd be effective, in my eyes.

(also, try picturing some of these logos without the "!"... Some are just bad. Like the one chosen.)

The logo that was chosen, for some reason, keeps reminding me of the "OLAY" brand or one of those makeup brands.

idk... Either way, not a fan at all.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Should've been Day 10, and if not, Day 23. This one is really over-thought, with the bevels and the bowing. If they just went with just the plain type, it would've looked OK. Also, what was the point of showing 29 logos for a month if they had already made up their minds?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived