Teams that need new venues

Evil G

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Coyotes.

I don't care if it's been said already, it's worth repeating.

Jobing.com is a beautiful facility actually. Really great as a hockey rink.

It's just owned and run by a pack of imbeciles.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The Coyotes.

I don't care if it's been said already, it's worth repeating.

Jobing.com is a beautiful facility actually. Really great as a hockey rink.

It's just owned and run by a pack of imbeciles.

I meant it more along the lines of they need a new venue in a new city.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I don't know why, but I've always thought of the Jets as Brooklyn/Queens' team, while the Giants were Manhattan/Bronx. And they both play in the same stadium in New Jersey. Lol.

It's not like this is a radical thought. The traditional New York split has always been Yankees/Giants/Rangers contrasted to Mets/Jets/Islanders. Obviously, these are not hard-and-fast rules and interchangeability happens all the time, but the majority of Yankees fans I talk to on a regular basis root for the Giants and Rangers in the other sports. It's rubbed off on me personally; I support the Giants and Rangers as secondary interests. I couldn't give two turds about the Jets or Islanders.

spacer.png

I like the sound of the Brooklyn Jets.

No.

Moving to Brooklyn seems popular right now, could the Jets build a new stadium there?

It's a trendy place for 20 something people, but the Jets are a football team who already have a stadium. They went in halfzies with the Giants. Metlife Stadium is as much theirs as it is the Giants'.

You guys will probably have to wait 30 or 40 years when it's time for a new stadium before the Jets are ready to move to Brooklyn.

PvO6ZWJ.png

MLB:

Oakland Athletics - The Coliseum is a pit. Selig needs to get off his ass and find a way for the A's to move to San Jose

Tampa Bay Rays - Tropicana Field is an abomination, but they're stuck there for the foreseeable future.

NFL:

The 49ers are already building, and the Vikings will start soon.

Oakland Raiders - They should at least tear down the old half of the coliseum after the A's move and add on to Mt. Davis, or move to Santa Clara.

San Diego Chargers - How long before they end up in Los Angeles? As soon as someone manages to build a stadium.

Buffalo Bills - Ralph Wilson Stadium is 40 years old, but the Rogers Centre in Toronto is not a long term solution.''

NBA:

The Warriors and Kings have arena plans in place.

Milwaukee Bucks - Seattle and Louisville must look pretty good right about now.

NHL:

The Red Wings are working on an arena plan, and the Islanders are moving to Brooklyn.

Edmonton Oilers & Calgary Flames - I would hate to see either on move out of Alberta, but Seattle and Portland must be tempting.

MLS:

DC United - RFK should be imploded. They're trying to work out a stadium deal at Buzzard Point.

San Jose Earthquakes - They play in a ballpark, a track stadium, and a college football stadium. That new stadium cannot come soon enough.

New England Revolution & Seattle Sounders - Both seem happy in their football stadiums.

New York City FC - Looks like they may be stuck at Yankee Stadium for a while after they start playing in 2015.

Edmonton Oilers & Calgary Flames - I would hate to see either on move out of Alberta, but Seattle and Portland must be tempting.

Neither will move, period. And the Bucks won't move to Seattle, the Pelicans will. If any NHL team relocates, it has to be Phoenix, Florida, or Nashville. Maybe Carolina.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

I like the sound of the Brooklyn Jets.

I'm cool with moving the Jets. Does New York really need another hockey team, though?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Neither will move, period. And the Bucks won't move to Seattle, the Pelicans will. If any NHL team relocates, it has to be Phoenix, Florida, or Nashville. Maybe Carolina.

Edmonton is getting their new rink and I think Calgary should be getting one into works... especially with the recent flooding. The Alberta government has also stated that it will financially help homeowners move away from the flood plains BUT if you choose to stay then you are screwed if/when the next flooding happens and will be exempt from any financial assistance... I'm pretty sure this won't include pro hockey teams or businesses but it may be a bit of a wake up call for the city and the Flames to start working on getting a deal in place for a new arena. I know there have been rumblings of a new downtown arena to replace the Saddledome, I'm just wondering if the flooding has maybe sped up the process.

And I agree that both Calgary and Edmonton will not be losing their NHL teams any time soon... Same can't be said for the some of the sunbelt teams. I also believe that Phoenix will be the next team to move. Personally I just can't see someone buying a team and committing to keep them there for a long time when the team has never made a penny in their current city. There must be some type of out clause written in the fine print somewhere. Florida would be my next team of choice that could be on the move... Maybe that's why the NHL placed them into the Atlantic Division with the likes of Toronto, Boston, Detroit, ETC... Maybe thinking ahead for a planned move to Quebec City?

MLB:

Oakland Athletics - The Coliseum is a pit. Selig needs to get off his ass and find a way for the A's to move to San Jose

Tampa Bay Rays - Tropicana Field is an abomination, but they're stuck there for the foreseeable future.

NFL:

The 49ers are already building, and the Vikings will start soon.

Oakland Raiders - They should at least tear down the old half of the coliseum after the A's move and add on to Mt. Davis, or move to Santa Clara.

San Diego Chargers - How long before they end up in Los Angeles? As soon as someone manages to build a stadium.

Buffalo Bills - Ralph Wilson Stadium is 40 years old, but the Rogers Centre in Toronto is not a long term solution.''

NBA:

The Warriors and Kings have arena plans in place.

Milwaukee Bucks - Seattle and Louisville must look pretty good right about now.

NHL:

The Red Wings are working on an arena plan, and the Islanders are moving to Brooklyn.

MLS:

DC United - RFK should be imploded. They're trying to work out a stadium deal at Buzzard Point.

San Jose Earthquakes - They play in a ballpark, a track stadium, and a college football stadium. That new stadium cannot come soon enough.

New England Revolution & Seattle Sounders - Both seem happy in their football stadiums.

New York City FC - Looks like they may be stuck at Yankee Stadium for a while after they start playing in 2015.

Louisville will never be a viable pro-ball market. It's dominated by college basketball and the NBA team would ALWAYS play second fiddle. Think Memphis but magnified x 10 and in a smaller city.

Side note....I must've missed my 1000th post the other day. Yay me !!!!! :winner:

sig.png

And I agree that both Calgary and Edmonton will not be losing their NHL teams any time soon... Same can't be said for the some of the sunbelt teams. I also believe that Phoenix will be the next team to move. Personally I just can't see someone buying a team and committing to keep them there for a long time when the team has never made a penny in their current city. There must be some type of out clause written in the fine print somewhere. Florida would be my next team of choice that could be on the move... Maybe that's why the NHL placed them into the Atlantic Division with the likes of Toronto, Boston, Detroit, ETC... Maybe thinking ahead for a planned move to Quebec City?

5 years/$50M in losses

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Rumored plans have been going around about a new Flames arena for about half a year now, they probably would have been unveiled now if it weren't for the floods.

As for our stadium situation goes. It really hinges on where the arena will go. Flames own the Stamps now, and would probably love to have both stadiums on one large sports complex. There are some possible sites, just have to get the money together, also they probably want to see what happens in Regina with their new stadium.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Next person who mentions the New York Jets is getting sent to the same dungeon as the "they should be the New Jersey Jets/Giants instead," "if I lived in Westchester/on Long Island I'd root for the Bills because they're New York state's only real team" and "the Jets can never go back to a plane logo after 9/11" people

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Is Tropicana field the smallest stadium in Major League Baseball? I can't believe the Rays would stick to playing in that fake Japanese Baseball dome!

Until I checked it out, I thought Fenway still had the smallest capacity, but you're correct (34,078). Without the seating tarps, the real seating capacity is 42,735 at the Trop. Even before the Rays started up, the original capacity was right around 44,000-45,000 back when it was built.

I've always thought the Tropicana exterior looked like a lopsided oil refinery tank.

Louisville will never be a viable pro-ball market. It's dominated by college basketball and the NBA team would ALWAYS play second fiddle. Think Memphis but magnified x 10 and in a smaller city.

This. Milwaukee is already seen as a cow town in the NBA ("Only TWO high-end strip joints... what kind of hick town is this?!"), but it may as well be Mahattan compared to Louisville.

Hm, sounds like the Saddledome is going to be ready by next month. That really surprises me. I was afraid the Flames were going to have to play in Saskatoon.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived