Luke_Groundrunner

NHL unveils official logo for 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series

The NHL unveiled the official 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series logo earlier today at a press conference at Yankee Stadium.

Official Primary version:

hg54h65jh35j7634k64k.png

Here's the New York version:

y653u764i875k7986.png

What are your thoughts on the logo?

PS- If anyone has better quality versions of the logo(s) I would really appreciate it if you post it/them in this tread.

My "split second" reaction is that the blue shadowing below the STADIUM lettering looks really weird, especially under the A and D in the middle where it connects.

With the name Coors Light Stadium Series you would think they would have one in Denver with the Avalanche playing.

With the name Coors Light Stadium Series you would think they would have one in Denver with the Avalanche playing.

They're saving that matchup for next year, Dallas vs. Colorado @ Mile High.

So basically this is like the Winter Classic? They are gonna play it outdoors but not during winter.

I posted this on Twitter earlier today:

NHLStadiumSeries2014_PMK0100a_2014_SCC_S

I'll post other versions later.

I posted this on Twitter earlier today:

NHLStadiumSeries2014_PMK0100a_2014_SCC_S

I'll post other versions later.

Thanks Donovan! You're awesome!

I'll add this image to the site.

The Minnesota Wild should play at Target Field

The Blackhawks should play at Wrigley Field

The Minnesota Wild should play at Target Field

The Blackhawks should play at Wrigley Field

Blackhawks hosted a Winter Classic at Wrigley Field back in 2009. They elected to use the NFL Bears home field this time around.

I can see Minnesota Wild and Colorado Avalanche host a Stadium Series or Winter Classic in the very near future.

BTW for those curious, here's the Stadium Series schedule via Wikipedia

Game 1 January 25th - Anaheim Ducks VS Los Angeles Kings - at Dodger Stadium in LA

Game 2 January 26th - New Jersey Devils VS New York Rangers - at Yankee Stadium in NY

Game 3 January 29th - New York Islanders VS New York Rangers - at Yankee Stadium in NY

Game 4 March 1st - Pittsburgh Penguins VS Chicago Blackhawks - at Soldier Field in Chicago

If Coors keeps this sponsorship I imagine it would be hard for the Blues to get a chance to host.

"Welcome to the Coors Light Stadium Series live from Busch Stadium" probably wouldn't go over well.

The only bad thing is that it's sponsored by arguably one of the worst tasting American beers. I couldn't imagine if PBR or Natty was the title sponsor.

Well, if it was sponsored by PBR, the NHL's hipster fan population would certainly spike.

The only bad thing is that it's sponsored by arguably one of the worst tasting American beers. I couldn't imagine if PBR or Natty was the title sponsor.

Well, if it was sponsored by PBR, the NHL's hipster fan population would certainly spike.

PBR sponsoring something?

Surely you jest.

I'm definitely going to the game in LA. Haven't bought tickets yet, but I defintely will. Very excited.

Logo is meh. Not a fan of either font being used.

hg54h65jh35j7634k64k.png

Here's the New York version:

< didn't bother to copy and paste image >

What's the point of a "New York" version, when all the series logos will be the same? The only thing that changes is the name of the location. There's not even a distinctive color change for each host city.

logo looks really good. the gradients are really well done and the colors, spacing, and line weights are all solid too. the fonts work well, but i dont like how the S and T connect. a minor detail, but otherwise i like it a lot

They're saving that one for when the Islanders get to Brooklyn ;)