Fox Sports 1 vs ESPN

tv15

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jay and Dan are growing on me, but the directors have to stop putting up the score before they finish the highlight.

I still think the league channels cover their respective sports the best.

I started DVRing College Football Final on ESPN only for the highlights. They spent the first half of the show on 5 games and covered 15 games with the second half. A close Wyoming-Nebraska game didn't get any highlights. Skipped through the fluff and the pretend court room stuff and watched all the highlights in 15 minutes.

I don't see how Fox has enough programming for TWO sports channels without making Fox Sports 2 the Racing & UFC Channel.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

The mock trial segment on ESPN's College Football Final is just the worst.

You say that, but this will be the season that Dr. Lou stabs Mark May in the chest with a scalpel. Just watch.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the Crowd Goes Wild again yesterday. It's gotten better since they started, but it's still uncomfortable to watch. It oozes "trying too hard", the chemistry is almost non-existant, the games they play are nothing but stupid time fillers, and Regis is a liability during the show. He doesn't know what he's talking about in regards to sports and seems to kill whatever energy they build.

It's just not working and it needs to be retooled. A show like that needs actual friends who know each other, they need to have knowledge of the sports they're talking about, it needs to be more conversational, less show-bizzy. They need to stop forcing the "look at us having all this fun over here. Aren't we fun?". Also, the thing where 5 of them interview one guest feels uncomfortable for the guest.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived