Purina Sports Complex

missouri tigers

I've been on a Google Sketch-Up kick recently and figured I'd share what I've been working on.

This is a concept for a sports stadium located in Sauget, IL (about 10 min. outside of St. Louis). It would be home to a NASL team, the Missouri Valley Conference football and soccer championships, and the MSHSAA's football and soccer championships. It holds 10,500 fans and 11,750 with standing room only.

The stadium features two main entrances on both the north and south ends of the facility. On one end of the pitch/field is a three sided scoreboard, corporate office space, and the facilities ticket office. On the other end is an open view of the St. Louis skyline facing east.

without further ado,

ScreenShot2013-08-09at121649AM_zps2422c9

overview of stadium

ScreenShot2013-08-09at120229AM_zps1285c8North entrance

ScreenShot2013-08-09at120912AM_zps14d7d6South entrance

ScreenShot2013-08-09at120726AM_zpsd0c0a6view of playing field from south stand

ScreenShot2013-08-09at120829AM_zps26e022West end view

ScreenShot2013-08-09at120302AM_zps581c49Side view of north entrance

ScreenShot2013-08-09at125420AM_zps2b15ddAnother overview

ScreenShot2013-08-09at125337AM_zpsab488dEast end view

ScreenShot2013-08-09at121040AM_zps4f635fBleacher details

ScreenShot2013-08-09at120350AM_zps0bc3acTicket office at east end

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on it.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Incredible detail. Nice design too.

I like how the open stand is suitable for expansion, however you would lose that view of downtown St. Louis.

All in all I can't find any faults. I would like to hear more about what press box facilities you intend the stadium to have.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Couple things for your concept...St. Louis would be to the west of Sauget, which might affect football games being held on the field. Football fields are supposed to face north/south so neither team has to play a whole quarter with the sun in their eyes (and why announcers always talk about running backs running north and south). also, would Missouri hold their championships there in Illinois, rather than in-state?

also, what about lighting in teh corners of the playing surface on the open end?

great detail, great work!

Couple things for your concept...St. Louis would be to the west of Sauget, which might affect football games being held on the field. Football fields are supposed to face north/south so neither team has to play a whole quarter with the sun in their eyes (and why announcers always talk about running backs running north and south). also, would Missouri hold their championships there in Illinois, rather than in-state?

also, what about lighting in teh corners of the playing surface on the open end?

great detail, great work!

You bring up some good points. However, If I wanted to get technical, Sauget would actually be southeast of St.Louis. If the stadium was due east of downtown it'd be in the middle of East St.Louis, definitely don't want that.

g3882_zpscf268360.png

I intended on putting lighting on the ends of the field, not sure why I left them off. I'll look back into it, though.

Also, to everyone who didn't see the press box/luxury boxes, they're above the south (southwest) stand-

image4035_zps6791c591.png

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Very impressive! I love the open end with the view of the city. I could also see it being used as general admission seating where people bring a blanket or folding chair and post up.

I've always wanted to get into Sketch-Up - I designed stadiums on paper all the time as a kid - but it seems like it would be tough to figure out.

Very impressive! I love the open end with the view of the city. I could also see it being used as general admission seating where people bring a blanket or folding chair and post up.

I've always wanted to get into Sketch-Up - I designed stadiums on paper all the time as a kid - but it seems like it would be tough to figure out.

It really isn't too much more difficult of a program to learn than any graphics program. There's a ton of very helpful tutorials out ther including stadium specific ones. Of course, there's a learning curve like any other program you're learning to use for the first time, but it really isn't too bad at all. Go for it!

2043050vl19qK6.gif

This is a really good concept, especially with the outside detail. Not to go too far off topic, but the stadium that I've been working for with my fantasy football team looks good inside, but I'm always lost when it comes to the outer details. Very fine work here.

I would like to see a picture of the end looking south south-east (i.e. the scoreboard side)

Archived