Jaguars new helmets, simple question....Why ?

seahawk9

I wonder why the Jaguars didn't do something similar to what the Bengals did. Just a jaguar spotted helmet.

I love the new logo, but absolutely hate these new helmets. I wish they'd use teal instead of black for their jerseys too. Everyone is black black black anymore....Jags are boring enough being such a pitiful team, must their uniforms be pitiful too?

Again I love the new logo, the spots on the Jaguar head no longer resemble elbow macaroni.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was reserving judgement until I saw then in action on tv. I finally did this weekend, and yes, they are absolutely awful. If they insist on using gradient, a black to teal might have worked a lot better, and having it match the uniform colors would help too. That gold isn't even close to what's on the uniform.

I wonder why the Jaguars didn't do something similar to what the Bengals did. Just a jaguar spotted helmet.

I love the new logo, but absolutely hate these new helmets. I wish they'd use teal instead of black for their jerseys too. Everyone is black black black anymore....Jags are boring enough being such a pitiful team, must their uniforms be pitiful too?

Again I love the new logo, the spots on the Jaguar head no longer resemble elbow macaroni.

Using the logo helps emphasize it as the cornerstone of their brand. Do most people even know what the Bengals logo is? Is it the striped B? Is it the orange tiger head? Is it the full-body tiger? I think the spotted helmet could have been a good look, but it certainly helps with brand recognition if your most identifiable mark is the one on the helmet.

Maybe putting it on the sleeves would help, but look at the Rams. I don't think that most average people (i.e. not us, not fans of the team, just your average schlub in Nebraska) know what their logo is. Their helmet essentially is their logo. Which can be fine, and may have been fine in the Jags case, but that's just not what they're trying to do.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Already discussed this when they debuted this months ago. Good idea, bad execution

What makes you think it was a good idea?

A gradient like that can work if executed right. I would prefer they kept their old helmet shell but this one had potential if done right

If this were the mid-nineties, I might agree with you.

Untitled.png

Jags just posted this image on Facebook. What the helmet looks like in the rain

548990_10151675527458863_932905252_n.jpg

It looks the same just with rain drops on it. Was it supposed to change colors or something?

Different finishes might change the way rain beads up. I've seen matte helmets in rain where the water rolls right off. Since the helmet is two different finishes, just wanted to show that there wouldn't be a difference

Go A's!

Jags just posted this image on Facebook. What the helmet looks like in the rain

548990_10151675527458863_932905252_n.jpg

It looks the same just with rain drops on it. Was it supposed to change colors or something?

Different finishes might change the way rain beads up. I've seen matte helmets in rain where the water rolls right off. Since the helmet is two different finishes, just wanted to show that there wouldn't be a difference
Well that helmet also isnt moving, the water would roll off when its moved

The helmet isn't going any where. We might as well get used to it. It is not as bad as I thought it was at first.

I agree with half of that. This helmet will be around for at the very least this year, and I'd honestly be surprised if it wasn't longer. I know some have mentioned these getting dumped as a special case, like the 9ers one day helmets, but I don't think so. They knew what it looked like before we did, and I'm sure they anticipated the reaction they got.

However, as to your second point... for me, the ugliness is not wearing off. Still ghastly.

Archived