Jaguars new helmets, simple question....Why ?

seahawk9

Also under the dome lights, check out the shoulder. That cream shoulder design really pops

564997_10151690565988863_428319405_n.jpg

Are you being sarcastic? Because it literally took me 3 minutes of staring to figure out what you were talking about.

Really? That was the first thing that caught my eye, that white shoulder design
Not sure if serious

You can barely see it, and that is only if you are looking for it

I am being serious. Maybe it's the contrast of your screen. It's two distinct colors.

For me, it's probably a good thing that the little shoulder sheen of slightly different color is so unnoticeable. Because if it jumped out more, I'd think about it more, and that would be one more thing to dislike about this costume... er, I mean uniform.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also under the dome lights, check out the shoulder. That cream shoulder design really pops

564997_10151690565988863_428319405_n.jpg

Are you being sarcastic? Because it literally took me 3 minutes of staring to figure out what you were talking about.

Really? That was the first thing that caught my eye, that white shoulder design
Not sure if serious

You can barely see it, and that is only if you are looking for it

I am being serious. Maybe it's the contrast of your screen. It's two distinct colors.

For me, it's probably a good thing that the little shoulder sheen of slightly different color is so unnoticeable. Because if it jumped out more, I'd think about it more, and that would be one more thing to dislike about this costume... er, I mean uniform.

I thought that was dirt until it was pointed out then I looked at both shoulders closely.

Does it supposed to represent claw marks or something I read that the other day but missed it on the reveal I guess?

I could not get past the helmet that day to even look at the rest of the uniform so I probably just missed them saying that.

The uniform is getting worse every time I see it.

I just don't get the gold helmet deal the whole uniform is mostly black except the teal jersey & the teal numbers on the white the gold helmet would look so out of place unless they had some gold pants.

BS4Em-tCEAAGUzW.jpg

Seeing the helmet juxtaposed with the Falcons shell just makes it look so much worse. Look at that beautiful black gloss helmet on the Falcons players then look at the mess the Jaguars are wearing.

Take the Falcons shells, rip off their decals, slap the new Jags logos on there and you have a pretty football helmet. It's right there, beauty is staring you in the face. Do the right thing, Jacksonville.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I wouldn't mind it if it was gradient like in the official style sheet pics. In reality it's just a divided helmet, and therefore a helmet without a distinct identity. I kinda liked the SDSU helmets from a few years back that gradually faded. I still don't think it's really "NFL-looking," but that's not the issue, is it?

On a crazier note, I teach elementary art and my football boys are all drawing the new Jags helmet, calling it "sick." So I guess they've cornered the nine-year-old market.

I wouldn't mind it if it was gradient like in the official style sheet pics. In reality it's just a divided helmet, and therefore a helmet without a distinct identity. I kinda liked the SDSU helmets from a few years back that gradually faded. I still don't think it's really "NFL-looking," but that's not the issue, is it?

On a crazier note, I teach elementary art and my football boys are all drawing the new Jags helmet, calling it "sick." So I guess they've cornered the nine-year-old market.

I wouldn't underestimate that last sentiment. The trend in the 90s for NBA teams to go full-cartoon was successful at attracting younger eyes, at the expense of good design.

Archived