2013/14 International Football Thread

Champions League Draw

Barcelona v Atletico Madrid

Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund

PSG v Chelsea

Manchester United v Bayern Muninch

Teams listed first will be at home in the first leg.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I agree with you - the presenters on BBC 5 Live Radio, which I listened in to for the draw, brought up how Chelsea were massive outsiders a few years ago. You never know with competition football.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

No matter how you see it, the UCL QF draw has been really good. Barca v Atletico will be good to watch as they been battling out all season in La Liga. Real has to face another tough German opposition on the way to the Final. United is going to be in tough against Bayern. I follow Jaffa's thoughts, hope Bayern take it easy on the United women and children. As for the PSG v Chelsea tie, that can go either way. But the big staple in UCL is if you have a good strike force up front you'll progress. Unfortunately United doesn't and Chelsea are somewhat inconsistent. In the end, can't wait for the Quarter-finals to begin

After seeing the draw it has dawned on me how weak the Italian league has become. Not one team from Italy in the quarter finals this year.

glory10.png

Fearless predictions here:

MUN-BMUN: Bayern will dominate Man U, put it won't be a pushover. I'll go for Bayern to win both games with an agg. Of 3-1

REA-DOR: this one will be like the ManU-Bayern one, I'd say Real 5-3

BAR-ATL: Another close one, but I feel like barca's gonna win this one, 2-1

PSG-CHE: Great matchup and I feel like PSG is going to be in Chelsea's zone a lot, but I'm going to go with Chelsea 4-3

Are we sure the draw isn't seeded? :P

(1) Bayern Munich v (8) Manchester United

(2) Real Madrid v (7) Borussia Dortmund

(3) FC Barcelona v (6) Atlético Madrid

(4) Chelsea FC v (5) Paris Saint-Germain

I think I would put PSG #4 and Chelsea #5

After seeing the draw it has dawned on me how weak the Italian league has become. Not one team from Italy in the quarter finals this year.

Not surprising really. Serie A has started to decline in the last few years. AC Milan can't even qualify for UCL next season due to their position. They might just miss out on UEL...ouch! How the mighty have fallen.

It's gonna be a blast watching ManU get creamed by Bayern.

I couldn't help but like that post.

Also, I would post predictions, but they're pretty much the same TorinK's.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

It's gonna be a blast watching ManU get creamed by Bayern.

I couldn't help but like that post.

Also, I would post predictions, but they're pretty much the same TorinK's.

As a Liverpool supporter, I couldn't resist. ^_^

Well then I'd gladly cheer on for ManU if it means it'll make Liverpool fans squirm in their seats ^_^ I'm mostly impartial to Bayern anyway.

Bayern is my preferred German team, but I am a die hard United fan, and when's Liverpool's next Euro Cup match? Oh wait! Sorry Liverpool fans

Liverpool's next Champions League match is next August or September depending on what place they finish this year. Yes I know United are playing in the UCL QF but are going to get crushed by Bayern over two legs, no doubt one bit. When will United be playing in Champions League again? Oh wait...not next year, maybe in 2015/16. Sorry United supporters.

LOL Andre Marriner.

The Gunners are still in the race but they're gonna need to be pretty much perfect the rest of the way.

If you told an Arsenal supporter at the start of the year that they could be 7 points back with 8 to play and a match in hand, I think they'd have hall taken it. And some are asking for Wegner to be sacked.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived