2013/14 International Football Thread

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The UEFA Nations League is coming!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26747394

Sounds interesting.

Yes the UEFA Nations League does sound very interesting with the four division winners earning a qualifying spot for EURO 2020. There will be promotion and relegation between the divisions. Plus these matchdays will replace most of the friendly fixtures (which in my opinion are far too many, at least now matches will mean something).

By the way BW, you were faster than me in posting...I was just about to post about this LOL.

I wonder how it'll work with squads - will nations have to declare a pool of players at the start of a campaign, at set intervals, or will it be on a match-by-match basis? I hope it won't be an end to the tradition a number of countries stick to (outside of tournament finals) where the starting XI are numbered 1-11 irrespective of who's picked.

In other news, my FA Cup semi-final ticket confirmation has come through. Jaffa's going to Wembley. :)

In other news, my FA Cup semi-final ticket confirmation has come through. Jaffa's going to Wembley. :)

Good on you, I'll be pulling for Hull the next two games because I sure don't want to see Arsenal take home some silver :rolleyes:

How about those Blues choking to Palace today? With the Arsenal-Man City draw, that opens it up for Liverpool to take top spot today. Mourinho saying they are amount of the title race with that loss...smoke and mirrors as usual from The Happy One.

How about those Blues choking to Palace today? With the Arsenal-Man City draw, that opens it up for Liverpool to take top spot today. Mourinho saying they are amount of the title race with that loss...smoke and mirrors as usual from The Happy One.

:censored: Mourinho.

6fQjS3M.png

:censored: Mourinho.

Don't curse anyone, your team did absolutely nothing to help the Toffee's :P

A couple shocks today in UCL. Thought for sure Bayern would have emabrrassed United at Old Trafford but they must still have the Bundesliga Meister hangover from last mid week. They didn't play well against Hoffenheim on the weekend and thought they would come guns ablazing today against the team that took 1999 UCL title from them.

As for the Atletico v Barca match...it was entertaining to say the least. The same rivalry those two clubs have been playing against one another in La Liga, showed up today. Cam't wait for the second leg :)

As for tomorrow's other QF 1st leg matches, any predictions:

PSG v Chelsea - I think PSG will win 2-1 with Zlatan leading the way with a goal and an assist.

Real v Dortmund - Real are tough at the Bernabeu but these two clubs have history in UCL. With Real's loss on the weekend, I believe Ronaldo and company will bounce back with a 3-1 win.

Archived