2013/14 International Football Thread

Barcelona transfer ban: Fifa issues 14-month sanction

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26852466

Now I'm really interested in whether ter Stegen has already signed a contract with Barca or not. Would be bad if not for both, Barca and ter Stegen and also his current club Gladbach! Valdez can't play again before October and likely already signed with Monaco. And Gladbach already signed a replacement for ter Stegen in Yann Sommer.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I'm really interested in whether ter Stegen has already signed a contract with Barca or not. Would be bad if not for both, Barca and ter Stegen and also his current club Gladbach! Valdez can't play again before October and likely already signed with Monaco. And Gladbach already signed a replacement for ter Stegen in Yann Sommer.

Well isn't this big news. Valdez will most likely be gone in the summer with his contract expiring. I bet ter Stegen signed a prelimiary agreement with Barca that he will give his full intentions to the club in the summer. Either way you look at this, Barca might be in a little trouble without being able to transfer players. But on a second thought, they mainly use their youth development/academy to fill their ranks and dabble in the trasfer market from time to time (Neymar). I still think Barca will be a force in European football, ban or not.

Well isn't this big news. Valdez will most likely be gone in the summer with his contract expiring. I bet ter Stegen signed a prelimiary agreement with Barca that he will give his full intentions to the club in the summer. Either way you look at this, Barca might be in a little trouble without being able to transfer players. But on a second thought, they mainly use their youth development/academy to fill their ranks and dabble in the trasfer market from time to time (Neymar). I still think Barca will be a force in European football, ban or not.

I think the same. The only real trouble they could get is on the GK-Position. And that's only if the ban prohibits the transfer of ter Stegen.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Pretty good times for the Merseyside teams, except for that fact that each one has to watch the other one win constantly. 15 consecutive wins between them, and if Man City fumbles just a little bit, Liverpool looks like a lock for the title if they can deal with Chelsea at Anfield in three weeks.

I'm pretty happy about how Everton's doing as well. 4th place looks like a reality with Arsenal burning up.

Oh boy do I :censored:ing love this Liverpool team. Not only are results exceeding anything I could possibly have dreamed of at the start of the year but they are so awesome to watch, today they became only the 4th team in the Premier League era to put up 90 goals in a season, and with five games left!

Nine wins down, five more and the title is your's boys.

On the subject of Everton, I can't hate them. It's not a rivalry where I where I revel in the other team sucking (that's Man U and oh how glorious that has been this year too), its one where I just want Liverpool to be better than them. Hell I kinda want Everton to nab that fourth place because it would be nice to see some fresh teams in the Champions League

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

useless performance by Arsenal today....

Agreed 150% with you. Next weekend is a massive fixture v Wigan in the FA Cup Semi-final. But I think it's time for Arsene to move upstairs to the Board Room and start to looking elsewhere for a manager with fresh ideas and open mind. As well, a manager who doesn't play the same :censored: ing system match after match. Hence why we are becoming a shooting gallery for clubs.

Rumors are that Jurgen Klopp is in preliminary meetings with the club to take over as manager in the summer by Caught Offside and The Guardian. As well, The Express has reported that Klopp, Martinez and Bould are on the short list to replace Wenger in the summer. I would love to see Klopp at the Emirates! One of the top fresh, up & coming managers in the European game and that new persepctive would be fantastic for the Gunners.

Archived