2013/14 International Football Thread

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that was an empathic win today at the KC by the Gunners. Hoping for the same result in three weeks time for the trip to Wembley.

Still barely holding onto 4th place with Everton beating Man Ute 2-0. We are still a point above Everton in the standings but the Toffees have a better goal differential.

Oddly, losing today helps our own European ambitions. We're a step closer to getting water cannoned in Eastern Europe and that's a proper ambition to cling to.

We also tried to maim a few Arsenal players with an exploding advertising hoarding but it didn't work. Bah!

Away from England, my favoured Dutch side PEC Zwolle ran out emphatic winners this afternoon to claim the KNVB Beker, their first major silverware. The Blue Fingers vanquished Ajax 5-1. Lekker. :)

Oddly, losing today helps our own European ambitions. We're a step closer to getting water cannoned in Eastern Europe and that's a proper ambition to cling to.

We also tried to maim a few Arsenal players with an exploding advertising hoarding but it didn't work. Bah!

Away from England, my favoured Dutch side PEC Zwolle ran out emphatic winners this afternoon to claim the KNVB Beker, their first major silverware. The Blue Fingers vanquished Ajax 5-1. Lekker. :)

I have read a few articles stating that it would be detrimental to Hull City if they qualify for Europa League next season. They are worried the same thing that happened to Wigan and Swansea this season with their league performance would drop. But I think all clubs should strive to make into Europe and be able to play against other similar quality clubs. Hull will never qualify for UCL but UEL is an ultimate goal. Now here's hoping the very minimum that Arsenal claim the fourth position so that no matter what, Hull qualify into Europe.

As for Ajax, what a completw fall from grace. Nothing taking away from PEC Zwolle's KNVB Beker dominant win, but Ajax isn't the European dominating club that they use to be. Yes they are about to win the Eredivisie this season but they players they use to attract isn't coming much anymore.

Europe would be a challenge, but what a challenge. ;)

My dream draw would be a tie against Zwolle - my uncle lives 10 minutes from the ground so that's our lodgings sorted!

Europe would be a challenge, but what a challenge. ;)

My dream draw would be a tie against Zwolle - my uncle lives 10 minutes from the ground so that's our lodgings sorted!

Well the stars would have to align for that draw to happen in the UEL group stage. Here's hoping that occurs for you mate.

Manchester United's official Twitter feed has tweeted that David Moyes has left the club.

The last 24 hrs that's all that was being published on every football website including Sky Sports, TalkSport, The Daily Mail and the BBC. No surprises at all with Moyes being sacked. He was way too deep with the position at Man United. He was barely treading water keeping his head above the waterline. He will get picked up by a lower Prem club or Football League club.

Here's the BBC Football link to the Moyes sacking

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/27107795

And there is a push for Ferguson to share in the blame, with the Blazers, over the hiring and sacking of Moyes

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/27105790

All I can say is what a payout Moyes is getting for being sacked with five years remaining on his contract.

All I can say is what a payout Moyes is getting for being sacked with five years remaining on his contract.

A couple of papers have made mention of a clause in Moyes' contract limiting his payout if he was sacked in a season where Manchester United failed to qualify for the Champions League - he's looking at a single year apparently, rather than a payout for the full term of his contract.

Archived