1stRound DraftPick

2015-16 Toronto Raptors Redesign Concept (**Updated with Holiday Jerseys**)

After seeing the jerseys in the Toronto Star Jersey Re-branding contest, I decided to make my own. I wanted to recapture the history of the Toronto Raptors all in one jersey, while keeping it looking slick and modern.

So without further ado, here they are!

TorontoRaptors2014-15Logos_zps54e3a09e.p

TorontoRaptors2014-15Jerseys_zps95f91bba

TorontoRaptors2014-15Court_zps75d60a6d.p

* First and foremost, I do want to state that I re-added the Raptor and the classic script back to the front of the jersey. Many disliked it, but I strongly believe it was only because the rest of the 1995-99 jersey was so busy. However, the Raptor doesn't need to be there, and the jersey could still work well without it.

* Next on the agenda was the colour. Gone is the ruby red that the Raptors have used in the past. It is now replaced by a more sharper, darker red.

* Block numbers were included to give a more pronounced, yet clean style to the jersey.

* For the away jerseys, I chose to go with the black jersey as the primary. However, the red can easily be the primary as well.

* Finally, the alternate home. Inspiration was drawn from the Nuggets skyline jersey and the Blazers 'RipCity' jersey. These 'cultural' jerseys are great for a fan base. It features the word 'T-Dot', which is commonly used to represent Toronto, and a Canadian leaf to the back above the player name, to represent Canada. Complete with skyline and the 'moon-claw', this would sure be a best seller! These jerseys would only be worn 2-3 times a year. The road team can choose to wear their white home jersey or a complimentary away jerseys.

Other Jerseys: Holiday Jerseys

Other Logos: 20th Anniversary Patch

So how do you like them??

Edited by 1stRound DraftPick

I like these A LOT!!! Even with the Raptor!! In my opinion though the Jerseys would be perfect with just the old "Raptors script" without the logo underneath.. keeps it fresh modern and still original unlike The pelicans New POS jerseys

I like these A LOT!!! Even with the Raptor!! In my opinion though the Jerseys would be perfect with just the old "Raptors script" without the logo underneath.. keeps it fresh modern and still original unlike The pelicans New POS jerseys

Exactly. As I mentioned, the jerseys can work with or without the logo. It's just that it would sell more for both adults and kids. Plain jerseys don't sell for kids. Plus, I really like how Golden State has their logo on the front of their jersey. I feel that the Raptors can benefit from that as well. Thanks for the input!

The reason why the Raptors name and logo get so much hate is because they aren't a winning basketball team. The 'Blue Jays' are by no means a 'cool' name, but they've won back to back World Series and 5 AL East titles. That's why fans love the fact that the Jays brought back the 'Championship Blue'; it reminds them of a winning baseball team.

IMO, once the Raptors start getting deep into the playoffs, people will love the name.

I certainly agree ..most jerseys people would think better of them if they were winning! You can go to every sport for that

The jerseys are the best part about this

Primaries are pretty good, but that home alt is sexual.

LOL sexual.....is that a good thing or a bad thing? I assume the former.

Very good thing.

Primaries are pretty good, but that home alt is sexual.

LOL sexual.....is that a good thing or a bad thing? I assume the former.

Very good thing.

Yup

That court is gorgeous (Stephen A Smith voice)!!! White is perfect to offset the red and black ..and compliment the hardwood! Excellent overall set..keep it up..hope Toronto is watching!

That court is gorgeous (Stephen A Smith voice)!!! White is perfect to offset the red and black ..and compliment the hardwood! Excellent overall set..keep it up..hope Toronto is watching!

Stephen A. Smith LOL. BLASPHEMOUS!

Thanks alot!

That green jersey would look great for St. Patty's day and that dumb NBA Green promotion. And the Christmas alt. looks better than most of last year's. Nice Work.

These make me feel like Brooklyn completely dropped the ball on their rebranding. I'm typically not a fan of slapping logos onto jerseys, but you made it work. They are unique and eye-catching.

Very unique set!

One concern is how the application of the stripe is going to work with single digits.

The stripe will still cut off at the same area. Think of it like the Wizards jerseys.