NFL Redesign 2014: Pro Combats (Added Tampa Bay)

colinturner95

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im thinking the dolphins should go old school with there uniforms. ejw3.jpg

I'm thinking the same thing, but keeping some modern things

i heard since they just changed there uniforms they cant change them till like 6 years? any truth to that?

Well, this next concept could make some waves

Detroit_Lions_zpse062c211.png?t=13825862

I took some college like liberties with the Lions. If you can't see it, this was inspired by the Ohio State "Earned" Pro Combat set from last year (big helmet stripe, big numbers). Originally I wanted black gone, but after working at it without black, it just didn't work, plus I actually like black with the set. Anyways, it's not too much different from what they wear now. Black is more prominent, the sleeve stripes are giant on purpose, and there are a grey and black alternate. I want to see more grey jerseys in the NFL, and the Lions wear grey. What a coincidence. Also drug out of the dark was the black alternate. I went deep in to the college ranks to make this. The black helmet is similar to what Kellen Moore's old team, Boise State, has now, with the super big logo on the side.

And just to keep some semblance of the current Lions, I made a throw-faux-back to the 1957 Lions team, the last one to have won....anything, Anyways, in '57, the blue jerseys didn't have stripes, the whites did, so I just mashed them together.

I'm expecting waves to be made with this, especially the helmets. But all that aside, C and C this :censored:

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I like it. I prefer the Lions without black, but I think that's just me being stubborn. You make it work very well with the way you incorporated black more, so it doesn't just look tacked on. I would ditch the white pants though, and swap them out for some Honolulu blue pants.

Oh and I don't like the stripes on the facemask either, but this is your concept and they really aren't even that noticeable. Good work.

I know that people keep getting rid of black in their concepts, but I like how you actually emphasized it. In this concept the black no longer feels forced; you have embraced black instead of just throwing it in.

Personally, I like the big lion on the alternate helmet. I am not sure how it would look from the back, but I like the idea of huge logos on an alternate helmet.

award%20sig.png

I know that people keep getting rid of black in their concepts, but I like how you actually emphasized it. In this concept the black no longer feels forced; you have embraced black instead of just throwing it in.

I agree. I think the Honolulu blue and black work real well together.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Too much black on the Lions.

They had such a great look with the Honolulu Blue and Silver over their existence, but have ruined it when they try to go modern and appeal to the Inner City youth of Detroit by adding black for no real reason other than merchandise sales.

Big-Sean-BET-Awards-2011-Detroit-Lions-s

87Redskins.png

I'm beginning to use really big stripes a lot.

GreenBay_Packers_zps52f27e0c.png?t=13830

In my eyes, the current look for the Packers is golden. It's clean, easy, and nice to look at. So in my attempts at creating this, I didn't want to stray to far from that, even when I tried to change the color of the gold, which just didn't work. So anyways, literally the only things that change is that the sleeve stripes get much bigger, and its a Pro Combat template. And because EVERYBODY just loves the Packer's navy blue throwback, I wanted to keep it in someways.... minus the navy blue. The number in the circle is cool, IMHO, but yellow numbers didn't work, so they're white, which makes the look so much better, and the one of the best Packers throwbacks were the '94 with the aTm-ish stripes. And so through the many changes, I have created what I think, is a good looking fauxback. And to give the Packers some variance for when they wear the normal home away jerseys, there is now a white helmet, and white pants, for nothing more than changing it up from week to week.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

In my eyes, the current look for the Packers is golden. It's clean, easy, and nice to look at. So in my attempts at creating this, I didn't want to stray to far from that, even when I tried to change the color of the gold, which just didn't work. So anyways, literally the only things that change is that the sleeve stripes get much bigger, and its a Pro Combat template. And because EVERYBODY just loves the Packer's navy blue throwback, I wanted to keep it in someways.... minus the navy blue. The number in the circle is cool, IMHO, but yellow numbers didn't work, so they're white, which makes the look so much better, and the one of the best Packers throwbacks were the '94 with the aTm-ish stripes. And so through the many changes, I have created what I think, is a good looking fauxback. And to give the Packers some variance for when they wear the normal home away jerseys, there is now a white helmet, and white pants, for nothing more than changing it up from week to week.

Looks great! I've always thought the current set was pretty much perfect but I've always kind of wished they'd come out with some alternate green pants or green helmet. Also, looks pretty good here with the white, IMO. Only problem I see is I'm not sure about the white pants working with that alternate jersey, and of course a gold monochrome would make peoples heads explode on here, so here I think some green pants might work better.

Detroit:

1. Remove the stripe on the facemask

2. Change the facemask to blue or black (preferably blue)

3. Lose the black helmet, jersey and pants

4. Keep the Thanksgiving Day uniform

Green Bay:

1. Lose the white helmet and pants

2. Add green pants.

spacer.png

love the white helmet. great idea. the packers would look great with a white helmet. the yellow jersey isn't bad either.

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

I gotta agree with the other guy about the Broncos. There are 900 other concepts out there that look exactly like what you have done here, and it's a little disappointing because all of your other concepts are so fresh and unique. I'd like to see what you could do when you really let your imagination run wild. The Broncos are one of those rare teams that seemingly had a different look every decade. You could draw a bit of inspiration from past designs (Maybe even go with a brown and Yellow scheme) or scrap everything and completely nikefy them, as they are one of maybe 5 teams no one would complain about If they went a route like Seattle.

I understand working on one team too long is tiring, but so far this is one of the best redesign threads I've yet seen on this website, but that Denver design sticks out like a sore thumb because it's so stale.

I really hope you decide to revisit Denver another day. I'd love to see what you could come up with if you really got creative with it.

Anyways, I'm really enjoying the thread and am highly anticipating more teams being unveiled

Archived