colinturner95

NFL Redesign 2014: Pro Combats (Added Tampa Bay)

The navy does look a little forced, maybe lighten the navy to lessen the contrast?

I like the flipping of the horn, but the navy addition just doesn't work in my opinion.

I kind of like the addition of navy, but I think there's too much of it. Maybe try scaling back the navy from the head area and add a little to the legs to balance it out more?

Do two renditions, one where the buffalo's full body is in the lighter shade of blue, then one in navy blue and see which one looks better.

So, to be clear on the Bills logo, I am going to keep the light blue, and there will be navy. My question is how should the navy look?

I would make them separate shapes

they already are. I'm trying to fix the navy blue shape

Starting to get something happening with that division .

Assuming you are trying to add depth with the darker blue, you'll need to add it to other parts. Maybe the far legs. Not sure you have the right dark blue to work with the current blue and red. Seems a little rich for the overall mark. If you are set on the dark blue then adjust te others into harmony.

Use the different shades of blue to show waviness in the mane and in the fur.

EDIT: I forget what a buffalo actually looks like, don't they have thick, bushy fur? Guess you cant show waviness like in the Lions logo, then.

Starting to get something happening with that division .

Assuming you are trying to add depth with the darker blue, you'll need to add it to other parts. Maybe the far legs. Not sure you have the right dark blue to work with the current blue and red. Seems a little rich for the overall mark. If you are set on the dark blue then adjust te others into harmony.

These are the colors straight from the Bills 2012 style guide, and I don't think their colors have changed.

Use the different shades of blue to show waviness in the mane and in the fur.

EDIT: I forget what a buffalo actually looks like, don't they have thick, bushy fur? Guess you cant show waviness like in the Lions logo, then.

Yeah, the buffalo's head is darker than the rest of its body. In this concept I want that, and to make the buffalo logo look like its charging.

vyzzKP1.png

Logo Mk. 2. I made the "mane", if you will, flow back more, and added an eye-like shape

I like that better than the original, but something still feels off to me...

Would you ever try to somewhat create a gradient from light blue to blue?

I'm trying to avoid that

I like what you're doing with the double blue, bk.

The mane looks great.

The ribbon-horn-eye combo needs a bit of tweakin', IMO.

Maybe make the horn all white and do away with the eye?...I dunno...It's close to being great.

As someone mentioned before;

If the far-side legs were navy they would look as if in shadow.

You are correct that the head is darker, however the front legs and rear half are darker too. I think you could use the navy quite effectively with the lighter blue to create this look as well as add details to the fur.

Examples:

Bison.jpgYellowstoneRoadsideBison.JPG

You are correct that the head is darker, however the front legs and rear half are darker too. I think you could use the navy quite effectively with the lighter blue to create this look as well as add details to the fur.

Examples:

I feel like after living in North Dakota for 2 years, I would have remembered that

Examples:

I feel like after living in North Dakota for 2 years, I would have remembered that

No worries, commercial illustrations always depict them with light hindquarters.