NFL Redesign 2014: Pro Combats (Added Tampa Bay)

colinturner95

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I'm at a serious loss on the Bills and this is why: I'm trying to separate the Bills from the Patriots color wise, well as of right now both teams have Navy, Red and White as main colors and silver/grey in some capacity, and I'm trying to distance the teams visually. My ideas aren't working, anyone have any suggestions?

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I wouldn't say that Buffalo uses navy, unless you are referencing their unis that they just got rid of a few seasons ago.

I think that their current color schemes separate them somewhat well. Royalish blue, white, and red versus borderline navy, silver/gray, and a little bit of red.

Maybe if you make Buffalo's blue even more lighter it would help.

the official logo slick lists navy blue as a color in the set and I want it to be used more than it already is. I like the 2 tone blue look and I want incorporate it more

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I wouldn't say that Buffalo uses navy, unless you are referencing their unis that they just got rid of a few seasons ago.

I think that their current color schemes separate them somewhat well. Royalish blue, white, and red versus borderline navy, silver/gray, and a little bit of red.

the official logo slick lists navy blue as a color in the set and I want it to be used more than it already is. I like the 2 tone blue look and I want incorporate it more

The Bills old uniform and the New England Patriots had a very similar color, if not the same color. Now, their blues are completely different. I wouldn't mind seeing a navy/royal blue mix for the Bills though, could be interesting. Patriots need to have more red in their uniform too!

The Bills old uniform and the New England Patriots had a very similar color, if not the same color. Now, their blues are completely different. I wouldn't mind seeing a navy/royal blue mix for the Bills though, could be interesting. Patriots need to have more red in their uniform too!

I'll tell you guys this: the bills will have double blue, and the patriots will not be in navy at home ...

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Buffalo_Bills_zps6ba8a865.png?t=13784391

I'VE GOT IT!! It took me a while but I have figured out how to balance the blues and keep them visually separate from the current Patriots. I used mattwilcox's new helmets on this template which I think looks better. Anyways:

Helmets: White and Red helmets. White is visually the same as it is now. I always liked the red helmet, and was sad when they stopped using it. So I adjusted it for use in this set. I didn't want a grey facemask on the red helmet, so its royal blue instead.

Jerseys: This is the first real "Nike-fication" of the NFL to this point. The Bills have a royal blue, white, navy, and red jerseys. The red jersey is for Toronto games only. The striping on the whole set is similar but different from jersey to jersey. The Navy does have slight silver accents, yes its hard to see, but its there and I tried to contain it on that jersey and that jersey only, just for alternate purposes.

Pants: There are no red pants, because, well IIRC, Arizona showed us what a red out looks like and its not good. So anyways, there are white, royal and navy blue pants. Same striping pattern as the jerseys

My point in this design is to fix the striping inconsistency that the current look has. Took me long enough but Buffalo is done finally, and I'll wait on C and C to see when Carolina is posted. Have at it

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Didn't you say you wanted to separate them from the Patriots? Adding navy certainly isn't the way to do it. This set is so inconsistent it's not even funny. Pretty much the only thing I like is the idea of wearing red in Toronto.

Clarify the part that is inconsistent

AmPJ0Ty.png 

So my usual MO with series like this are alphabetical order, but I'm gonna change it up here and go by divisions in a way, like one team from a division, move on to the next, and keep going in that direction.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Didn't you say you wanted to separate them from the Patriots? Adding navy certainly isn't the way to do it. This set is so inconsistent it's not even funny. Pretty much the only thing I like is the idea of wearing red in Toronto.

Sure thing. Wasn't sure if you'd like to hear my (biased) rant.

I'll start with the helmets. Honestly, and I never thought I would say this, but I think both helmets would look good with navy masks. As for the stripes, the white one is the opposite of numbers on a white bg (navy-royal-red vs. navy-red-royal.) I like that. Now carry that over to the red and make the helmet stripe navy-white-royal.

Now for the jerseys. The primary home and road are great. The navy and red have some issues to fix regarding continuity. On each, make the sleeve cuffs navy so that all 4 have navy collars and cuffs. Next (mocked this up and it looked good) make the sleeves royal (like the royal and white jerseys) and alter your stripes to match. Lastly, make the most outwardly outline on the navy numbers royal (white numbers, red then royal outlines)

For the pants, either go royal inserts all around or just base it off of your helmet stripe. Either would be acceptable.

In reality, the navy jersey and pants aren't necessary and probably wouldn't look that good with either helmet. The red in Canada, however, is awesome.

/rant from a biased Bills fan.

spacer.png

Sure thing. Wasn't sure if you'd like to hear my (biased) rant.

I'll start with the helmets. Honestly, and I never thought I would say this, but I think both helmets would look good with navy masks. As for the stripes, the white one is the opposite of numbers on a white bg (navy-royal-red vs. navy-red-royal.) I like that. Now carry that over to the red and make the helmet stripe navy-white-royal.

Now for the jerseys. The primary home and road are great. The navy and red have some issues to fix regarding continuity. On each, make the sleeve cuffs navy so that all 4 have navy collars and cuffs. Next (mocked this up and it looked good) make the sleeves royal (like the royal and white jerseys) and alter your stripes to match. Lastly, make the most outwardly outline on the navy numbers royal (white numbers, red then royal outlines)

For the pants, either go royal inserts all around or just base it off of your helmet stripe. Either would be acceptable.

In reality, the navy jersey and pants aren't necessary and probably wouldn't look that good with either helmet. The red in Canada, however, is awesome.

/rant from a biased Bills fan.

Haha I needed that. Most of the C and C was good but didn't tell me what to fix. Red in Canada seemed the right thing to do, and I had a helmet idea just for Canada use only that I might post. The navy was meant to be a US alternate they could wear, that featured silver, which would set it apart from the home and away. ill get to work on this when I can

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived