NFL Redesign 2014: Pro Combats (Added Tampa Bay)

colinturner95

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would also change the navy to royal, I just think it's a better look from Denver and gets them away from the bears a bit. I would also agree that the TV numbers would look better on the sleeve. Regarding the helmet, I think it's a downgrade, I really like the way it is now with the modern stripe and blue facemask. I realize that doesn't flow so much with the pants and the sleeve but it does flow with the logo. LOVE the blue orange blue look though.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

So, updates are going well except for one: the shade of blue

Broncos_RoyalvsBlue_zps311d0b00.png?t=13

So plain and simple, this is royal blue vs navy blue. I honestly can't tell you which one I like better. Oh, I caved and put the numbers on the sleeve. Anyways, I want to see which you guys think is better: royal or navy. have at it.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

So I feel like the color issue is settled, with me settling on navy. It just looked better.

Denver_Broncos_Update_zpsc6e97fc3.png

So, I tried to to change the facemask color, and it just didn't flow well. I kept it white, because... well ... grey facemasks don't get a lot of love, plus it wouldn't look good. Shoulder numbers give way to sleeve numbers, and I tried to keep a similarity between the current helmet stripe and this one. I'm still undecided about that. Pant stripe is consistent now. C and C away!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Maybe mimic the helmet stripe onto the pants stripe and have them taper too? Since Navy won out, I won't bitch too much. But I do at least think it should be lightened. I have noticed this year in their games that it's real dark, almost black. I could live with it if was more apparently blue.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

seems everyone does this design for the Broncos now. but for good reason, its a great design. when i did it i used a bright blue. i think you should brighten your orange a bit and go back to a soft royal. the royal you used is very intense. heres mine for reference

5d581766aae307830c2390c35a24c22a.jpg

also, the helmet stripe is now out of place. nothing else tapers in the uniform, all other elements are straight, so the helmet stripe should be too. i made the same mistake on this one

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Denver_Broncos_Update2_zpse8e97bf9.png?t

So after a comparing a bunch of similar but different blues, I decided to stay with navy. I realize that keeping navy makes them really similar to the Bears, but I like it better than all of the blues I tried. I did lighten the orange, so the colors have a little more separation. The facemask went back to white. All navy just didn't flow well with the new set. The helmet stripe is back to normal. TV numbers stay on the sleeve. Have I finished with Denver? Can I put Detroit up?

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Personally not a fan. It's one of those things people are always trying to do with the Broncos but the reality is that the modern visuals (like logos and number font) always clash with the simplicity of the uniform design.

There is definitely something to be had there but I don't think this is the way to go since it's basically like sitting on the fence. Your work should reflect a clear sense of direction and commitment to showcasing true "redesigns" and avoid the easy route of simply throwing rehashed elements together. This can include experimenting with number fonts (perhaps a block font with just a tad of modern flare) or even trying new things with the helmet and pants stripes so as long as the uniform looks unified from top to bottom. Think innovative along the lines of Oklahoma State (on a good day), not Jacksonville.

Midway.png

Personally not a fan. It's one of those things people are always trying to do with the Broncos but the reality is that the modern visuals (like logos and number font) always clash with the simplicity of the uniform design.

There is definitely something to be had there but I don't think this is the way to go since it's basically like sitting on the fence. Your work should reflect a clear sense of direction and commitment to showcasing true "redesigns" and avoid the easy route of simply throwing rehashed elements together. This can include experimenting with number fonts (perhaps a block font with just a tad of modern flare) or even trying new things with the helmet and pants stripes so as long as the uniform looks unified from top to bottom. Think innovative along the lines of Oklahoma State (on a good day), not Jacksonville.

well...looks like I'm gonna have to go back over Detroit. Is it wrong that I'm not gonna change Denver, its their best look in my opinion and I want to see it back in this universe. I'll have to put Detroit on hold it looks like. But is it wrong that it's not much of a concept? Is it that bad that I didn't get that creative? I'm working in the NFL, which means I want the teams to remain classy, unlike the NCAA

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived