Seattle Mariners Rebrand

raysox

Hey friends

So the Seattle Mariners' current look sucks. In my opinion, it's the worst set in the league. The colors don't look good together, the font sucks, and there is too many outlines. So i took the team on trying to make the look cleaner, and connect them more with the other Seattle teams.

First, I changed to a navy and green color scheme. Seattle could easily be in the same vein as Pittsburgh with their team colors, but the Mariners use that aqua color. The compass look is good, so I kept it around. I redid the whole thing, no bevels or anything. I put the ball on top and tried to be really simple about it while giving it a bolder look. The red pops I feel, but it's the only red in the entire set. The script is modified from a font. It would be the one thing I'd change, but I like how it looked as a finished script so I kept it. The uniforms are also pretty simple, I didn't d anything too wild. Originally, I had a tan color, and wanted to do a cream Sunday alternate but decided against it.

Mariners_zpsd1d49c0a.png

Mariners1_zpsc4163330.png

Mariners2_zps04270934.png

Also I made myself a new personal logo! Feel free to comment on it!

I really like this, especially the scripts and the simplified compass logo. I agree with some of the above comments though. I would make an S-anchor logo for the caps, and then add and anchor to the left side of both scripts. Also, the angle of the anchor is bothering me. I feel like the vertical stem should be parallel to the stem of the M.

Oh yeah, and I dig the new personal logo!

I like this. Being a Mariners fan I'd approve of such a change. Thought I'd like to see the Trident/compass rose integrated together. Don't know if it's possible, but might be a good idea.

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

What are you going for here? A modern or space-age look for a progressive cutting edge team? Or a classic and traditional look for a team with old fashioned values and a hard work ethic?

Your wordmarks are very modern. I won't call them contemporary, but they have that '60s space age kind of feel to them. Then you have your compass and anchor, which are anything but space age. None of it is bad, however it doesn't go together. The wordmarks certainly don't evoke images of the sea (not that they have to), but dominate the set so that the anchor and compass appear forced.

Also, go with the S on the cap, or do something different with the M. The S would be more "baseball-ish", but they have a history with the M. Just not the way you did it.

Also2, drop the shadow on the numbers. I like a basic number when you have such a stylized wordmark - it finishes off the uniform while bringing even more attention to the wordmark. I just don't think that both should be shadowed the same way. If they were the same font, then yes. But it'd be better if the numbers were plain (on the front at least. On the back, do whatever you want.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wow, I like this a lot. I don't have a problem with the Mariner's current uniforms since teal is one of my favorite colors but you've improved their look.

It's been stated already but I'd be interested to see what this would look like in Seahawk's colors.

I'm not really diggin' the "Anchor M" logo. Something just seems off about it the way the M is slanted but the anchor isn't...

Overall great job. Not a huge fan of the "M" logo, but like the anchor itself as a secondary logo. Make the emblem on the hat an S and add the baseball logo in the middle of the A in Seattle and Mariners on the uniforms respectively (although that is a steal of the Rays).

Don't mean to be rude, but the primary logo needs help. It looks like a logo for toddler clothing. The current M's logo is a lot better, truth be told. Try a different font in the roundel. A little silver would help this concept out a lot.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I was expecting to see the rumored color change in this concept but was way happier with what I saw! I think the simplified logo and more stylized/modern font are great.

I think the concept would also look good w/o the anchor on the cap with the M. I think the anchor is a little much for the cap. An alt hat or jersey with just the compass would look great too!

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

Overall great job. Not a huge fan of the "M" logo, but like the anchor itself as a secondary logo. Make the emblem on the hat an S and add the baseball logo in the middle of the A in Seattle and Mariners on the uniforms respectively (although that is a steal of the Rays).

To be fair, the Rays kinda ripped off Seattle's look when we got our re-design.

Archived