Miami Heat Redesign

BigRed618

This will be my first-ever basketball concept, so if it turns out I goofed up somewhere, let me know and try not to get too offended about it.

Miami Heat
Home
dla3.png

Road
frgf.png

...and here's a closer look at the logos.
qs26.png

Simply put, I tried to combine the Heat's current identity with that of the Floridians, that old ABA team that played in the same city.

C&C, please and thank you.

the basketball looks a little messy with the letters. keep it simple and just use normal basketball lines

Are those letters? Still don't see it haha. Great job though on the jerseys. I actually like the colors a lot, although I might try light red instead of pink.

Logo:

• I'd scrap the lettering on the ball. I didn't even know what they were until Cardinals pointed it out.
  • I get an impression that the logo was cropped even though it's not. Something's off with the right side.

Wordmark:

• I don't like how the top is to thick but that's more personal.

Jersey:

• I would reverse the orange and pink on the road for a slight change.
  • I would make the numbers italicized. It's the only thing that's not slanted or curved aside from the player name.
  • Keep the two consistent. If you want black on the home's neck, shoulders and waist, you should put white on the road's or keep it all one-colored.
  • I don't think they put the NBA logo on the shorts.

I like your concept overall. Kudos to a fellow Paint Artisan.

thundersignature.png

and

sport-scarf_bucs_zpsc424092b.png

Thanks for your help, everyone. Here's an update...

krxw.png
3mws.png
dlll.png

I really wanted to keep the colors like they are, but I'll try this in their current colors when I update again. I added white trim on the road set, but I'm not sure I like how it turned out. I also tried a new number font that fits in better. I also tweaked the logos a bit.

This will be my first-ever basketball concept, so if it turns out I goofed up somewhere, let me know and try not to get too offended about it.

Miami Heat

Home

dla3.png

Road

frgf.png

...and here's a closer look at the logos.

qs26.png

Simply put, I tried to combine the Heat's current identity with that of the Floridians, that old ABA team that played in the same city.

C&C, please and thank you.

I like the fact that you do stuff like I do, and try to create concepts using the current identity of a team and mixing it with an old classic identity. However, this pink business makes the concept look like it belongs in an MTv music video for some really crappy 80's synth pop song.

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

Archived