The Official MLB Random Year Expansion! *Texas Rangers and POLL ADDED*

1stRound DraftPick

Random Expansion Poll  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TEXAS RANGERS (since 1927)

Division: N/A

Colors: Brown, Navy, White

Ballpark: League Park

Era: Liveball Era

We end the American League today with the Texas Rangers of 1927. Brown was chosen because of the typical garments that law enforcement rangers wear, while navy livens up the jersey with color. The front of the jersey features a stitched outline of the logo, while the back features the rare back logo....an all brown version of the primary. As for the road jersey, the team nickname is used at the front as opposed to the city/state name, as nicknames saw a rise in popularity during that era.

TexasRangers1927_zpsf2a59366.png

MINNESOTA TWINS (since 1931)

Division: N/A

Colors: Red, Blue, Yellow, White

Ballpark: Lexington Park

Era: Liveball Era

In 1931, teams began to experiment with different styles. Specifically, the colored placket (the part where the buttons are) became popular around that time. Here is an example of that style. This concept features 3 home jerseys. The first two feature 'STP' for St. Paul (where their home field is) on the front, and 'M' for Minneapolis on the sleeve. The difference being their hats and socks style. The third home features the well known "TC" twin cities logo on a more traditional style jersey. As for the road jersey, it has a similar style to the home jerseys, but the 'STP' logo differs....a common occurrence in the 30's.

Extra points go to the member who can tell me where these jerseys are derived from.

MinnesotaTwins1931_zps4394de08.png

pk7vvonkkx7cbcgxgr6gt0pl2.gif

2890.gif

6812257506_f163afb409_c.jpg

Cleveland Indians have been updated. Looking for feedback.

CLEVELAND INDIANS (since 2011)

Division: American League Central

Colors: Red, Black, White

Ballpark: Progressive Field

Era: Wildcard Era

We continue in the Junior Circuit with the Cleveland Indians. In this modern day, trying to introduce Chief Wahoo and his very red skin would not go over well...at all!! Here, we use a more modern and conservative logo, which would seem like more of a tribute to Native Americans, rather than a parody. After 2010, sports teams tend to go for a more conservative, clean look to their jerseys, as well as a retro feel. The Alternate Black jersey can be worn on Friday night home games, or randomly on the road. The Alternate Red is worn on Saturday home games. I can just see Ubaldo Jimenez pitching in dat Alternate red!!

ClevelandIndians2011_zpsd67f8e0d.png

Old Version:

OldIndians_zps93e6db8a.png

Logo used not-for-profit from Logos.co. Designed by Chromaco. Edited by FirstRound DraftPick.

Sorry if I missed something, but I was taking a stroll through the concept forum and found this: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/92037-chicago-black-hawks-redesign/

I like your version better! I know it's just a concept, But c'mon, that pretty similar.

Sorry if I missed something, but I was taking a stroll through the concept forum and found this: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/92037-chicago-black-hawks-redesign/

I like your version better! I know it's just a concept, But c'mon, that pretty similar.

Well, as stated I found the logo online from Logos.co. I guess he found it first. I don't see any need at that point to point it out, because I'm not gonna shuffle though the entire concept forum to make sure that a logo I found online hasn't been used yet lol.

This logo and the Detroit tiger I found on the same website. Blue Jays logo came with inspiration from a picture I found. All other new logos were made by me.

• 3 months later...

As a Rangers fan, I appreciate anyone who comes up with ideas to turn back the clock and "fill in" the gaps in history. That being said, since I don't see a number on either sleeve, shouldn't the number be inside the badge instead of the T? Numbers on the back were standard by that time.....

I like how you actually used red in the Yankees concept seeing as its used in their primary logo but not their regular unis. I could get used to the Orioles and Castro's but would have liked to have seen just a touch of gold in it as I lived there during the "shooting star" rebrand. I'd also would've liked something other than just the plain black stirrup for the O's. Looking forward to the NL results!

Sorry ....that should be Astros. Autocorrect. Meh.

Archived