Sign in to follow this  
LEWJ

Jags Concept/Tweak?

Much like most of you, I am disturbed by the direction the Jaguars have gone with their helmets (and uniforms). I don't particularly hate the uniforms, but the helmet is god-awful. I think we all agree on that.

I've decided to take to the [Microsoft] Paint canvas for the first time in a while to hopefully conquer the challenge of a Jags set that everyone will like. *fingers crossed*

What I've done:

-enlarged the helmet logo

-eliminated the gold from the helmet (matte black!)

-Teal is the primary home uniform

-Single outline on numbers/names (for simplicity's sake)

-Tried to distribute colors pretty equally among sets, with the option of having teal, white, or black-heavy sets

-Simplified the alt logo, not a fan of "JAGS" in an official logo

That's the jist of it, I've done a lot of simplification.

Anyway... Here it is.

Projected Primary home set:

jagshelmetCC_zpsed152ef1.png?t=137654595

jagshomeCC_zps4ca76d8f.png?t=1376545949

With black pants

Projected Primary road set:

jagsroadCC_zps8ccfdd27.png?t=1376545949

White-Out:

jagsroad2CC_zpsb09a5cdf.png?t=1376545948

Black-Out:

jagsaltCC_zps434e234e.png?t=1376545948

With white pants

P.S. I'm actually very proud of this set, especially after such a long hiatus haha.

I'm actually in love with the blackout (sue me!).

Yes, that's a gradient. But It helped with the color balance, and it'll still be legible.

Annnnd, this is a template I made from scratch, just for the hell of it.

Thanks for viewing!

C&C Please ;)

So much better then their new look. Im guessing that the current look won't last too long, Los Angeles/London Jaguars doesn't sound so great. :upside:

I actually really like it. At first, I really HATED the striping style of kind of suspending a design element in the pants insert like they have in real life, and as you have here, but after seeing the Jags in action I think the suspended pants insert is kind of neat.

This is a nice progression and a pretty decent concept. Much better than what they are currently wearing.

I like the idea the Jags had with trying to utilize the gold color, they just used it on the helmet in a dumb way. I say it would be really cool if on your concept, you did the same gradient on the all teal jersey's numbers, and make the facemasks gold on the helmets.

I can live with this...definitely a huge upgrade from their current set. I completely agree with you on the secondary shield logo.

I don't know if you're up for this, but I really think the primary logo has to go. It's way too detailed, and there's essentially no continuity between it and the uniforms.

The gradient on the blackout jerseys works well.

The only thing I don't like about the colors is the lack of contrast between teal and black. However, your execution is good, with the inclusion of a thin gold stripe between the black and teal.

Good job overall.

these uniforms look so much cleaner than their current look

I can live with this...definitely a huge upgrade from their current set. I completely agree with you on theCi secondary shield logo.

I don't know if you're up for this, but I really think the primary logo has to go. It's way too detailed, and there's essentially no continuity between it and the uniforms.

The gradient on the blackout jerseys works well.

The only thing I don't like about the colors is the lack of contrast between teal and black. However, your execution is good, with the inclusion of a thin gold stripe between the black and teal.

Good job overall.

I concur with this assessment. Great job overall. You even managed to use a gradient in a way that doesn't have me hurling my laptop out my window. You have no idea how difficult it is to do that.